Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2006-07-16 15:52:15

jakob
Admin
Website

more div/css hooks in sidebar advanced options?

Aside from all the admin-side ideas, would it be possible for the current dev version to subdivide the ‘advanced options’ structure into blocks so that one could have more “granular” control through things like rss_admin_show_adv_opts?

Suggestion: perhaps splitting things up so that these areas can be switched on and off independently:
  • article formatting / form override
  • custom fields
  • keywords
  • article image / user-defined URL

A common situation is the need for custom fields and article image, sometimes user-defined URL.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#2 2006-07-16 19:41:48

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

Re: more div/css hooks in sidebar advanced options?

I’m pretty sure this isn’t likely to happen, at least not with anything currently being worked on.

It’s possible to remove any individual field (or groups of fields) entirely, through a plugin.

#3 2006-07-17 09:12:16

jakob
Admin
Website

It’s possible to remove any individual field (or groups of fields) entirely, through a plugin.

I’d love to know how!! Any pointers, or any plug-ins already out there? (or in planning hint, hint ;-)

Last edited by jakob (2006-07-17 09:12:38)

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#4 2006-07-17 09:40:08

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

You could use JavaScript to manipulate the page’s DOM or use a PHP buffer callback. I could do it in theory, but not in reality, as I’ve too much going on right now. :) You might request it in the plugin requests thread, as I’m pretty sure others want a similar thing, so I think someone would be willing to create it.

Board footer