Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2006-08-17 14:00:21

Manhog

Re: Publish expiry date?

Bumping this as I’d like to know if there is an answer to this one?

#2 2006-08-17 23:33:52

saccade
Plugin Author

Re: Publish expiry date?

As far as I know, there is no way of defining an “expiry date”, even no plug-in.

But for managing events, you can work around the following way:

Fill the “publish at”-field with the date and time of the event – the same date the article should “expire”.
This date now is used in your templates together with a “future”-attribute to show only articles with a future publish-date.
At the time when the event (and its publish-at-date) is “past” it won’t be shown any longer.
(The other way round it can now be shown in archives using the “past”-attribute, without having to do anything.)

This way you only loose the possibility to publish your events-articles at a later, future time, because the “future” is used to expire the article in time and until then it will be displayed from the moment it’s live.
But in most cases this will be ok.
If you only need a time stamp, when the article has been created or edited, you could write it in the content or use a custom field.

Some more info here (at the end of the article)
and here (by the way: On my site it is behaving correctly. Events disappear in the same minute I have filled in the publish-at-field – normally the time of the beginning.)

Last edited by saccade (2006-08-17 23:41:20)

Board footer