Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2006-04-07 21:10:59

The Human Museum
Website

[request] Video Pop-up

I was checking out wordpress again the other day and was blown away by a plugin called Embed The Video – it allows you to embed video on your site via a pop-up window. Someone clicks on the link and the video pop-ups and starts playing. I loved the functionality – allowing anyone who was interested to see the video and those who aren’t can pass it by (I’m a big fan of keeping my site simple and smooth). Apparently he based it off of code used here: Video Pop-Up Link Maker

I used it in my post here to give you an idea of what I’m talking about. The link is in the last line of the post.

I’m ignorant about php and was wondering if anyone was interested in porting this to textpattern?

Last edited by The Human Museum (2006-04-07 21:26:38)

“I was born to hustle roses down the avenues of the dead.” – Charles Bukowski
The Human Museum

#2 2006-04-09 23:30:56

devlond
Website

Re: [request] Video Pop-up

Hey Paul, thanks for the props. I really wanted to extend the cool work Josh did on the embedthevideo.com stuff. I’ve got a new version in the works to incorporate a bit more customization (option to remove the download link and align the thumbnail, etc.) as well as factor in the IE 7 embed fix/workaround.

I took a look at your example and love the tweaks you made. It’s pretty flexible, nice to see someone flexing it :)

I do have a few projects on the go currently, but I’d be curious to see what it might take to port it in here is you think it might help anyone.

#3 2006-04-10 00:15:52

The Human Museum
Website

Hey devlond, I made the link in the post using The Video Pop-up link maker , the blog is using Textpattern. However I did like your plugin, though so far there doesn’t seem to be any interest besides my own.

“I was born to hustle roses down the avenues of the dead.” – Charles Bukowski
The Human Museum

#4 2006-04-10 00:18:16

devlond
Website

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for the mention anyway :)

Board footer