Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2006-03-28 19:39:37

marios
Archived Plugin Author

new tag attribute for article custom

Hi,

During my experiments with conditionals and article custom, I discovered the need to filter out the currently selected article out of an article list, if in individual article mode, in order to pass an active or current attribute to the article list item of an article list, that displays in a sidebar.

I’ve tried a plugin as a workaround, which didn’t work.

I think , ideal would be:

A new attribute that detects which article is currently selected , filters it from the article custom list, if in individual artilce mode and puts it in front of the list as first list item, with an option to pass a current or active attribute to it.

regards, marios

Last edited by marios (2006-03-28 19:40:18)

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

#2 2006-03-29 04:59:13

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

Re: new tag attribute for article custom

Wouldn’t glx_hl_current be a starting point for resolving this request with a plugin? It does all but sorting out the current article to the topmost list position, AFAIK.

You might also consider this snippet of in-line PHP, which serves a similar purpose.

#3 2006-03-29 07:20:18

marios
Archived Plugin Author

Re: new tag attribute for article custom

Yes, this works indeed perfectly well, I must have overlooked the details of your post, which I red some while ago, so either the plugin, or your php snippet (same thing), and then try to analyze further how the current list Item can be isolated for special treatment.
I looked at various plugins (cch_article custum allso), wether they would provide some functionality to do this, but they didn’t as far as I could see.
thanks,

regards, marios

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

Board footer