1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » [archived] ied_doArticle

#1 2006-01-28 23:16:17

Inspired
Plugin Author
Website

[archived] ied_doArticle

Notice: This thread is archived, this plugin is no longer available.

Named after the famous mythical txp tag this plugin simply outputs an article’s body (or it’s excerpt or whatever you choose) by it’s ID anywhere, that is it can be called even from another article’s body (it was a problem). There’s an option to textile the output and possibility to specify more than one ID for random choice.

Doc and download: http://inspired.kiev.ua/txp/ied_doarticle/

Last edited by Inspired (2006-01-28 23:27:42)

Plugin Composer — admin plugin to write your own plugins

#2 2006-07-06 05:13:09

maniqui
Website

Re: [archived] ied_doArticle

Hi Yura…
I must admit that this little thing is really powerful and hope it will be included someday into the core…
I have used it for first time just 1 minute ago… and fell in love and come here to say thanks and talk about it.

As Destry said:

I highly recommend whenever trying to separate articles that you do it cleanly and safely with Yuriy’s ied_doArticle plugin. This should be in the toolbox of every Txp designer. You can put any piece of any article wherever you want without any conflicts with Textpattern’s behavior.
That’s not to say that Maniqui’s idea won’t work or isn’t safe, but the plugin was really designed for this, while <txp:article_custom /> was not (not really). Plus you don’t need to create any extra article forms if you don’t want to.

I always try to do as most as possible with built-in TxP tag. I think there isnt anything that ied_doArticle can do that also cannot be done with txp:article_custom and some forms.

But that is the great advantage of ied_doArticle: there is no need to create a new form to output an article field (body, excerpt, custom_field, title, etc).
That is very nice…

Again, great plug-in, now it’s in my toolbox and in my plug-in Top 5 chart.

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » [archived] ied_doArticle

Board footer