Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2006-01-17 13:31:55

squaredeye
Website

Plugin request: Google maps

I’ve been playing around with including google maps in a website I am working on.

I am looking for something that has some level of customization so that a client could write in a field, a new address and submit it, and it would place a marker for that on a google map, with the option of a link to maps.google.com for further assistance.

I noticed Rob Sable created a Google Maps Plugin that tracks who has been visiting your site and where they are from.

I believe most of Rob’s Plugins are licensed under the GNU and could be tweaked to accomplish something like this? (with credit given to Rob for his work of course).

Anyone interested.

If its of any value: here is a wordpress plugin which is not wholey disimilar (if it helps at all).

As usual, I am happy to donate to make it worth someone’s while.

Matthew

#2 2006-01-17 15:23:49

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Plugin request: Google maps

Matthew – Hang tight for a bit. A new version of the plugin is on the way shortly. Doing this would be pretty easy to work in at that point.

#3 2006-01-18 04:02:03

tmacwrig
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Okay, so this isn’t official yet, but you can check out an implementation of Google Maps that I wrote last week. When I put the whole site online, it will have some more involved instructions, but for the time being it’s usable.

#4 2006-01-18 04:23:43

squaredeye
Website

tmacwrig,
Wow. This is handy.
One nice thing about having the class attribute to pull the php is that one could use
< txp:linklist class=“secondmap” category=“maplinks” / >

I look forward to seeing the final release.

Matthew

ps. it works well in Safari (for what its worth)

Last edited by ma_smith (2006-01-18 04:25:18)

Board footer