Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2005-12-29 19:39:30

dada78
Website

CSS Style Problem After Upgrading To 4.0.3

Hi,

I updated to the new version of TXP and now the archive page doesn’t seem to access the “archive” CSS file that I defined and that worked before the upgrade?

See here

Thanks!

#2 2005-12-29 19:54:31

Sencer
Archived Developer
Website

Re: CSS Style Problem After Upgrading To 4.0.3

Easy solution: Set your production status to live, and it will go back to working as before.

Better explanation: There was an erranous query that had been there for a long while which just slipped through because it didn’t generate any output. We changed error-handling to be more explicit with db-queries as well, when in testing or debug mode. Apparently in this case, it was a bit too explicit.

You can turn the Fatal Error into a mere warning by changing lib/txplib_db.php on line 61:
trigger_error(mysql_error() . n . $q, E_USER_ERROR);

to
trigger_error(mysql_error() . n . $q, E_USER_WARNING);

But ideally we want to get rid of the erranous mysql-query in the first place. I’ll take a look into this…

#3 2005-12-29 20:00:30

Sencer
Archived Developer
Website

Ok, don’t bother with the above – here is how to get rid of that wrong mysql-query:

In textpattern/publish.php on line 233
Find:
// if messy vars exist, bypass url parsing
if (!$out['id'] && !$out['s']) {

replace with
// if messy vars exist, bypass url parsing
if (!$out['id'] && !$out['s'] && !(txpinterface=='css')) {

#4 2005-12-29 20:05:59

dada78
Website

Thanks for the support. It works great now! Thought I was really loosing it for a while…

Also:
Thanks very much Sencer and really anybody in the development team for your effort and the work you are doing on Textpattern! I really think it’s a great CMS, getting even greater.

It’s great to be able to utilize a CMS like TXP even without knowledge of php (in my case).

Greetings,
Dada

Board footer