Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#949 2011-08-27 16:57:21

Timid&friendly
Website

Re: hak_tinymce WYSIWYG article editor

No, I don’t have glz_custom_fields installed. However I believe i found the issue. See download of html-page-dump.
http://point-online.org/external/hakpage.html.zip

Online line 142 checked="checked"" Notice the the extra quotation mark.

I think, therefore I AM, … … er … I think :-?

#950 2011-08-27 23:50:57

hakjoon
Website

While that should definitely not be there, it seems that it’s been there forever. I wonder how come it’s not exhibiting this behavior for anyone else (myself included). I was hoping I had just accidentally introduced it as typo recently, but that seems to not be the case.

Does it work if you remove the extra quote in the plugin? It’s being inserted on this line I’ll try to get another version out without it but I’m not 100% convinced that’s the cause

edit.. Sorry re-read this and realized it unintentionally came across a bit aggressive. I just meant to say I think something else is probably causing this since that extra quote has been there for awhile. Hopefully it’s just the extra as that is easy to fix :)

Last edited by hakjoon (2011-08-28 00:30:54)

Shoving is the answer – pusher robot

#951 2011-08-29 16:22:59

Timid&friendly
Website

hakjoon wrote:

… Hopefully it’s just the extra as that is easy to fix :)

The quote has been removed but unfortunately that didn’t solve issue.
After further testing I discovered that although the initial onload function isn’t hiding the textareas, the checkbox toggle function is!

I tried encreasing the plugin order to 1, thinking that perhaps another function is getting in the way, but that didn’t help.

Any ideas?

#952 2011-08-29 21:01:51

hakjoon
Website

Do you have textile set to “Leave Text Untouched” so teh editors load automatically? Does the same thing happen if you don’t use the GZIP Compressor?

#953 2011-08-30 13:34:02

Timid&friendly
Website

Textile is set to “leave text untouched”.
Whether or not GZIP is on or off make no difference.

#954 2011-08-30 13:53:59

johnstephens
Plugin Author
Website

johnstephens wrote:

I want to add a button to insert abbr elements into the content, and I can’t figure out what to do. I found this document about a plugin called ‘xhtmlxtras’, which seemed to suggest that I only needed to add some details to my hak_tinymce Preferences for the Body editor. But I must have done something wrong, as the editor is loading as it did before.

Good morning, Patrick!

Do you know if this is possible? Was I even on the right track, or is there another way entirely?

#955 2011-08-30 15:00:01

hakjoon
Website

johnstephen: You were on the right track, you don’t need to use theme_advanced_buttons3_add since the third row is empty by defualt. You can just add the buttons you want to the theme_advanced_buttons3 line (or either of the other theme_advanced_buttons lines they just dictate what row the button shows up in).

Timid&friendly: Do you have other plugins running? I noticed at least upm_insert_tab was in there. If you turn them all off does the problem persist?

#956 2011-08-30 16:00:38

johnstephens
Plugin Author
Website

Thank you, Patrick. I tried again, and I still don’t see the abbr button— the tinymce editor still loads without a hitch, just without an abbr button. I cleared my cache after making the change to make sure I was seeing the latest thing. Here’s what I have in my “inititialization for body editor” field:

theme_advanced_buttons1 : "abbr,bold,italic,underline,strikethrough,removeformat,blockquote,numlist,bullist,link,unlink,separator,image,separator,search,replace,separator,code,separator,formatselect",

Do I need to add something to any of the other fields, or change any other initialization options?

I apologize if I’m committing an obvious error— i don’t really grok the setup options.

#957 2011-08-30 18:07:27

progre55

Patrick;

I am hoping you can help. I have a client using the image insert which pulls nicely from the TXP IMG tab. The problem is that the images are not in any particuliar order and without image titles/names it is difficult to locate the image you would like to insert — are there any options to either organize the images in a more logical way (withou using categories) or include the file names —

Thanks.

progre55

Last edited by progre55 (2011-08-30 18:07:36)

#958 2011-08-30 19:11:57

hakjoon
Website

johnstephens: Did you add xhtmlxtras to the plugins line?

progre55: They probably come back in ID order now (I’d have to look can’t remember off hand. Could definitely add filenames.

I really want to revamp this dialog box and hopefully create a consistent interface for a hyperlink dialog also but I’m not sure how to re-organize it. I’m open to any suggestions on this front. Sketches would be awesome.

Last edited by hakjoon (2011-08-30 19:14:10)

#959 2011-08-30 19:28:55

johnstephens
Plugin Author
Website

That was it, Patrick— thank you! It works now.

#960 2011-08-30 20:07:50

progre55

Patrick:

I checked — and at least on mine — it is not by id number —- it is random. If you could (in the interim) let me know how to add file names and select an order that would be greatly appreciated

I would suggest a box similiar to wet_quicklink For me, this type of box is very easy for the end user to locate and select their specific image file.

progre55

Board footer