Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#865 2011-05-13 15:05:51

ilpalmo
Website

Re: hak_tinymce WYSIWYG article editor

BKawalec wrote:

Thanks for the answer.
I’m using Textpattern version 4.4.0. In plugin preferences it’s language : "en", for article body and excerpt editor and languages : "en", for Gzip compressor editor. I’ve tried changing languages to language and the other way round and then the language code but the language version doesn’t change. Either the editor stays in English or it breaks.

Having the same problem with Swedish languagepack (“sv”). It just breaks and do not display any controllers…

Anyone having any luck with this?

Last edited by ilpalmo (2011-05-13 15:06:21)

#866 2011-05-17 22:24:09

laptophobo
Website

I really like your plug-in. One question though. I’d like to insert a txp tag (this one: <txp:output_form form=“share-button” /> ), can I do that? If not, what might be the work-around? I’ve noticed your post at: http://forum.textpattern.com/viewtopic.php?pid=221037#p221037 I’ve having trouble making sense of it. I can see it’s CSS, but your mark-ups are unfamiliar.

Thanks again for your product.

Last edited by laptophobo (2011-05-17 22:49:42)

Living the Location-Independent Life: www.NuNomad.com

#867 2011-05-18 00:42:39

laptophobo
Website

I’m having 2 more (strange) problems (sorry).

When I try to edit in IE9 the “HTML” editor (within the WYSIWYG menu) does not function/open. It does is Firefox 4. HOWEVER in Firefox, if a phone number is entered within the content the following appears upon re-opening of that article page: “<span class=“skype_pnh_print_container”></span><span class=“skype_pnh_container” dir=“ltr”><span class=“skype_pnh_mark”> begin_of_the_skype_highlighting</span> <span class=“skype_pnh_highlighting_inactive_common” title=“Call…”

The latter is very strange.

I’m currently using hak_tinymce ver. 9.9.

Thank you in advance,

Last edited by laptophobo (2011-05-18 00:43:26)

#868 2011-05-18 01:04:11

laptophobo
Website

I’ve tracked down the solution to the Firefox – Skype issue. Apparently, if one has Skype in their computer and it’s turned on or activated within their browser “add-ons” it will automatically add coding to whatever telephone number was typed into the content. So, one needs to turn off the add-on:

In Firefox, turn off the Skype add-on.
Click tools > Add-Ons > Extensions > and disable the Skype extension.

But, I still haven’t found a solution to why IE won’t let me use the HTML editor.

#869 2011-05-26 23:29:33

smdnetau
Website

Hi,

Stupid question: If I’m working on a development site and move it to a live server (ie changing the URL) what happens if I’ve set ‘relative_urls : false’?

I’m only setting it like that because if I set the relative_urls to true images don’t display.

Regards
Martin

#870 2011-05-27 17:27:41

hakjoon
Website

I think if you have relative_urls set to false you will end up with a bunch of baked in absolute urls in your content, which will make changing domains tricky. I recommend looking at this Moxiecode FAQ on the various Url options and how they interoperate

Shoving is the answer – pusher robot

#871 2011-05-31 15:42:19

laptophobo
Website

hak_tinymce not editing with IE.
Hello. I couldn’t locate this issue within the Textpattern forum (though I saw a mentioning of it for Drupal). I’m unable to utilize the had_tinymce using IE (v.9). But no problems with Firefox browser. I imagine this is something someone out there is experiencing. Can you help?

#872 2011-05-31 15:50:28

hakjoon
Website

The latest TinyMCE version seems to work. You could replace the bundled version with the newest one and see if it works. Other than including the txp_image plugin the bundled version is 100% untouched from the version you get from moxiecode’s site.

I’ll see about updating the bundle but honestly they release versions faster than I have time to test and keep up.

Last edited by hakjoon (2011-05-31 15:51:15)

#873 2011-05-31 16:05:43

laptophobo
Website

Thanks for the quick reply. I’m using version 9.9. Which is the newest one? And I’ve never replaced a plug-in before. Do I just uninstall the old version and load the new one?

Thanks much!

#874 2011-05-31 17:36:46

hakjoon
Website

So you only need to replace the actual TinyMCE install. Basic steps:

1. Download the TinyMCE package from MoxieCode and extract it somewhere
  2. Copy your current one to tiny_mce-old or something, for safe keeping.
  3. Replace the current tiny_mce folder with teh one form the Moxiecode package.
  4. At this point things should work (except the image plugin) if all the paths are right
  5. from the old tiny_mce folder copy tiny_mce/plugins/txpimage over to the new tinyMCE install

At this point everything should work and you will be in the newer version. The development code actually has script to simplify thsi whole thing if you are in a Unix like OS, and want to try that out.

#875 2011-05-31 18:16:53

laptophobo
Website

Yes. That worked. Thanks Patrick.

For the benefit of others, here’s what I did (and I have one final question for you, Patrick):

I copied the TinyMCE 3.4.2 (first level) package from the link you provided.
I renamed the current folder per your instructions.
I unzipped the contents and navigated to: tinymce > jscripts > tiny_mce. This is the folder I replaced within my site/textpattern folder.
I then copied the “txpimage” folder from the old version and pasted it into the new version of the folder tiny_mce.

My question is, and I saw this within your Configuration notes on your website, is do I need to place the following javascript into the Head of my HTML document?:
<script language=“javascript” type=“text/javascript” src=”../jscripts/tiny_mce/tiny_mce.js”></script>
<script language=“javascript” type=“text/javascript”>
tinyMCE.init({ theme : “advanced”, mode : “textareas”
});
</script>

#876 2011-05-31 19:46:33

hakjoon
Website

The Textpattern plugin handles all of the required javascript references, so you don’t need to do anything.

Oh one thing I forgot. If you want to use the GZip compressor you need to download the compressor for PHP and copy the 2 tiny_mce_gzip files into the tiny_mce folder (there is a php one and a js)

This actually looks like it might be broken in the current bundle form my website.

Board footer