Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#781 2010-08-04 20:57:22

hvid

Re: hak_tinymce WYSIWYG article editor

Hi Patrick
Thanks again, I have everything working except the link function, if I click the link icon a window pops up but nothing loads in the window.
Any ideas?

cheers for your help

#782 2010-08-05 13:42:25

hakjoon
Website

That’s weird since the plugin doesn’t do anything with that functionality. It’s just straight TinyMCE.

Make sure you are using the write tab from the same url defined in preferences. Javascript has lots of restrictions regarding loading things across domains. Also try to go to the URL that the pop-up is trying to load directly see if anything loads.

Last edited by hakjoon (2010-08-05 13:45:32)

Shoving is the answer – pusher robot

#783 2010-08-05 16:51:41

hvid

Hi Patrick
Thanks for your suggestions, I have made sure the url is the same as the preferences.
And when I go direct to the url that the pop up is trying to load nothing is displayed.

I looked at the source of the popup and it seems like the page has loaded just isn’t displaying anything.

any help would be much appreciated

#784 2010-08-05 19:57:32

hakjoon
Website

I don’t know really what to try. You could see if the advanced link plugin add advlink to the plugins line in the initialization.

#785 2010-08-06 06:16:17

hvid

Brilliant that worked.
Thanks for your help Patrick

#786 2010-09-13 15:54:03

laptophobo
Website

Patrick. This is my first posting to you, but I do want to say that I think you’ve done a great job with co-authoring your WYSIWYG plug-in.
I have successfully installed the tinymce plug-in (BTW, the name of the folder you place on the server is different than that of your instructions on your plug-in installation page.) Anyway, I’m unable to get the Insert Image function to work. I get the insert window, but it doesn’t do anything (there’s a rotating icon that tells me it’s searching for something though).
I’ve looked over your notes and couldn’t locate info on how to make the image inserter work. I did, however, find your plug-in “hak_article”. Is this an additional plug-in that is required for the tinymce image inserter function to work?
Do you have an information link handy for me to follow regarding making the image insert function to work?

Thanks again so much. BTW, where do fans of tinymce go to donate to this?

Living the Location-Independent Life: www.NuNomad.com

#787 2010-09-13 19:45:39

mjweissman

I’ve been having a problem related to this thread so wanted to comment. I maintain about half a dozen txp sites, most of which are pretty simple, all running 4.2.0 and most with hak_tinymce as the only plugin. Over the weekend I discovered that FF 3.6.9 was not working with the older 0.7.4 plugin I had installed – image insertion did not work, specfically – so upgraded to 0.9.9 which fixed the issue on the one site in question.

This morning I upgraded all the other sites and tested that the new plugin worked, and they all did, save one. That one sent me searching for answers for about the last 90 minutes. It turned out to be, as the author suggested in #782 above:

Make sure you are using the write tab from the same url defined in preferences. Javascript has lots of restrictions regarding loading things across domains. Also try to go to the URL that the pop-up is trying to load directly see if anything loads.

I had www.domain.com specified in the txp prefs. When logging into txp from www.domain.com/textpattern, no problem. When trying from domain.com/textpattern (no “www”), I got the infinitely spinning gif, I suppose because tinymce was detecting a cross domain issue and shutting down image loading out of security concerns.

Adding advlink to the init didn’t actually do anything to address the problem in my case.

So…check you “www” and you might save some time.

Thanks Patrick for this invaluable plugin. txp wouldn’t be the same without it.

Last edited by mjweissman (2010-09-13 19:47:11)

#788 2010-09-13 22:32:05

laptophobo
Website

MJ,

I followed your advice and found that it does have something to do with how one enters the Textpattern backend. Although the website URL is: www.website.com/textpattern the configuration is set to the web host server account name, which is currently Siteground. So, when I entered Textpattern using: http://www.siteground999.com/~site555/textpattern the image inserting problem got solved.

Thanks much for helping me through this.

Last edited by laptophobo (2010-09-13 23:05:34)

#789 2010-09-14 00:39:45

hakjoon
Website

Hey guys glad you got it worked out. I’m hoping to fix this but my dev server died and I haven’t really had the time to get a new one up and running.

#790 2010-09-14 00:47:01

laptophobo
Website

Patrick,

Thanks again for creating this plug-in. It is sorely missing in Textpattern. Anyway, it might be a good idea to, for now, to put a note about the relative url issue in your plug-in instructions. So far, it’s been the only glitch I’ve experienced.

Take care.

#791 2010-09-20 19:59:23

jmart

I’ve had 2 clients who try to insert/edit an image in IE8 and they get a perpetual “loading” graphic. Basically, the interface never truly completes the loading. What is going on here?

#792 2010-09-20 20:15:59

laptophobo
Website

jmart,

Your answer may be answered in posting #788 above.

Board footer