Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#685 2009-12-05 20:27:00

redbot
Plugin Author

Re: hak_tinymce WYSIWYG article editor

Thank you Patrick.
That’s exactly what I have done. if I select “XHR” I have 0 requests; if I select “all” or “html” only one request shows pointing to “my_domain and path/textpattern/index.php?event=hak_txpcatselect”. The other request you mention not. My “access.log” reports 200 3318 (if it is what you were asking for)

Last edited by redbot (2009-12-05 20:31:43)

#686 2009-12-05 20:56:14

hakjoon
Website

@redbot: weird I would expect it to error. If the image category request fails it doesn’t try to load the images. What happens if you tr to load that url in a browser? Ideally you should see a drop down with image categories.

@MustangMatt: Try 0.9.8 I had misunderstood a function in tinyMCE which might causing what you are seeing.

@redbot: see if it helps you at all.

This update also makes it work in subfolders of the domain which was not working before.

Last edited by hakjoon (2009-12-05 20:56:56)

Shoving is the answer – pusher robot

#687 2009-12-05 21:15:04

MustangMatt

hakjoon wrote:
@MustangMatt: Try 0.9.8 I had misunderstood a function in tinyMCE which might causing what you are seeing.

Thank you Patrick!
That did the trick… it seems to be working fine now!
Thanks again for everything, I honestly can’t believe how quickly you replied to and solved my problem… much appreciated!
Matt

#688 2009-12-06 02:58:43

redbot
Plugin Author

hakjoon wrote:

@redbot: see if it helps you at all.

No, sorry. Unfortunately it doesen’t help

@redbot: weird I would expect it to error. If the image category request fails it doesn’t try to load the images. What happens if you tr to load that url in a browser? Ideally you should see a drop down with image categories.

Yes, If I load that url in a browser I see a drop down with image categories.
For the record I have tried disabling all other plugins to no avail.
I’m testing it in a local environment and Firefox, ie and opera produce the same result.
Anyway this is not a matter of life or death for me and I don’t want to bug you too much.
You have already helped a lot with the trick for textarea custom fields ;)

#689 2009-12-06 04:18:09

tRM

hakjoon wrote:

@tRM: I’ll need to setup a php4 environment to test this out on. According to the docs what I’m doing should work. I might revert to having explicit global functions for the callbacks and have those call the class methods.

I just learned that the server my client uses does not allow files to begin with a decimal point/period (ex: .htaccess isn’t allowed). I don’t know if that is key to anything involving the plugin or not, but that might be an obvious answer to my problem (post #661 on page 667 ).

Has anyone else managed to get this plugin to work in a Yahoo! web hosting environment?

At this point I am confident that the issue is entirely in the lap of Yahoo! web hosting services. I turned to Textpattern as a last resort (not to say that it is a poor CMS, because I really enjoy it, but it is the only one that will run on Yahoo! web hosting) before recommending that my client simply find a different hosting solution.

Thanks again for putting the work into this plugin and making Textpattern a great CMS.

Last edited by tRM (2009-12-06 04:20:07)

#690 2009-12-06 18:03:37

allmandring

hakjoon – first of all thanks a million to you for all your great work on porting this to Textpattern! It works great and I’m sure thousands of Textpattern users really appreciate it!

I also have a small question. I really love the new tinymce image insert functionality – is there an easy way to have the same insert dialog for the article image form? Like have a small button on the side of it that would then launch the same insert dialog that the tinymce uses and just insert the id number when selected?

That would be really useful for new inexperienced admin users – they could then do everything from one place.

#691 2009-12-06 23:25:12

redbot
Plugin Author

Hi Patrick,
I have solved all my problems with the image upload. Now everiting works beautifully.
Of course this was not a plugins fault but an oversight on my side, sorry.
I set my test site using virtual host so the correct address should have been http://my_site/textpattern... But soon I forgot so instead I was using http://localhost/my_site/textpattern... and this caused the errors.
Thank you again for the help and sorry for the hassle.

#692 2009-12-07 07:04:01

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

Patrick, may I suggest to add

entity_encoding:"numeric",

to TinyMCE’s default init options for the sake of feed XML validity?

#693 2009-12-07 14:55:09

hakjoon
Website

Seems reasonable. I’ll add that in for the next go round. I’ll stick before the user supplied initilaization is supplied that way it can be overridden if need be.

#694 2009-12-08 18:19:35

hakjoon
Website

@allmandring: This has come up before. The problem is that teh popup has lots of tinymce tentacles in it. Although now that jQuery is bundled it wouldmake it easier. hmmm…

#695 2009-12-09 05:58:35

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

I am looking for a way to keep TinyMCE from filtering out my Textpattern tags. Adding all relevant tags to options like so

extended_valid_elements:"txp:email[*], txp:image[*], txp:whatever[*]",
custom_elements:"~txp:email, txp:image, txp:whatever",

is obviously painful and doesn’t cut it for the occasional plugin. Is there a way to keep TinyMCE from mingling with the whole txp: namespace? I’ve tried txp:*[*] for extend_valid_elements without success.

#696 2009-12-09 14:20:00

hakjoon
Website

Not that I know of. The whole custom_elements thing is fairly new, so I haven’t poked at it to see how’s implemented. What I had thought of doing was writing a custom cleanup routine that would turn <txp:tagname> into <txp_tag name=“tagname”> and back again on save that way you just needed to allow <txp_tagname[*]>

I haven’t really explored it a ton though.

Another thing to consider is doing valid_elements:"*[*]" and then prohibiting things in invalid_elements. From looking at the code you can then do custom_elements:"txp:\\S+"

But yeah it’s not great to allow all txp tags but this is better than it used to be.

More thoughts. Have you tried txp*[*] ? I wonder if that will play better since the colon is reserved.

Last edited by hakjoon (2009-12-09 21:46:22)

Board footer