Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#637 2009-10-20 02:50:39

jmart

Re: hak_tinymce WYSIWYG article editor

hakjoon wrote:

4.2.0 prerelease seems to mostly be working.

A few things:
  • no image plugin yet (working on it)
  • firebug will report an error when you expand the editor toggle, because txp does not allow plugins to add panes to the list of savable panes. I’m going to try and suppress that for now and hopefully come up with a patch to change that behavior.
  • toggle editor link moved below Textile Help because the help ui callback does not get the current context like the others. I’m going to work on submitting a patch for this as well (this one is easy).
  • this is 4.2.0 only

Just to clarify, the image plugin is what actually allows us to insert images into the articles, right?

#638 2009-10-20 14:05:37

hakjoon
Website

Yeah, There is a built in tool that allows you to insert images but it doesn’t give you the image picker if you need something desperately. Just use advimage instead of txpimage in you plugins: directive.

Shoving is the answer – pusher robot

#639 2009-10-22 07:58:41

PadreMez

Hi,
performance problem
txpimage – tinymice becomes very slow with lot of images. it has to load all previews
I’ve tried to change folder image source from TXP but tiny continues to point to default images source of txp (images)

I’ve look the code of tiny, but too hard for me. need help
:)
I’d want to change the path of tinymice previews to a new folder images

thank

#640 2009-10-22 10:21:05

hakjoon
Website

txpimage is tied to the txp image folder. It doesn’t actually load images directly from the file system, it makes an ajax call to txp to get the images so they can be filtered by category, get thumbnails etc.

If you want to just point to a file system folder you could try Moxiecode’s imagemanager or there are some free ones in the Third party plugins list

Another thing I could see about adding to txpimage (since I’m re-writig it anyway) would be the ability to limit it to certain categories, would that help your situation?

#641 2009-10-22 11:52:26

PadreMez

If I make a new directory on my server and in admin TXP I set this how new default image directory,
is possible to make an ajax call to txp to the new one?

Thanks for the interesting links

I think it could be a good upgrade.
In my case, I have almost 3000 img in txp in 15 categories and when the browser load the insert image window often crash. (firefox)
With the limit of certain categories probably will became more light

Thanks for all

#642 2009-10-22 15:16:43

hakjoon
Website

Unfortunately it will still pull all the images since it just pulls the image records from the DB, so if it’s in TXP it will get pulled.

I like the category limit idea in general because you might want authors only having certain images available to use.

In the mean time you could try making the image categories you want under one parent category and in the plugin look for $rs = getTree("root",'image'); and change root to the name of you new parent category.

It will have to be whatever is under name in the DB. I don’t remember off hand what that maps to and I don’t have access to a txp db at the moment.

Haven’t tested this. but it will stop getting all the categories which should cause it to not get the root category so it won’t get all the images.

#643 2009-10-27 13:06:07

babyben

Just used the quick fix for the side-pane toggles – thank you!

#644 2009-10-27 15:13:20

hakjoon
Website

regarding Remora and the editor buttons peeking out through the menus. The Remora css lacks an appropriate z-index in the drop downs

in /textpattern/theme/remora/textpattern.css around line 81 change :

#nav li:hover ul, #nav li.sfhover ul {
left: auto;
}

to

#nav li:hover ul, #nav li.sfhover ul {
left: auto;
z-index:1;
}

the z-index can really be anything but 1 seemed to take care of it for me.

#645 2009-11-16 17:11:47

mericson
Website

Can someone give me a sense if hak_tinymce is ready for production with 4.2.0?

Also, I haven’t used hak_tinymce before. Does it allow a choice of textpattern or using the tinymce editor? Or, is it replacing all editing with tinymce. My users would like a choice.

Thanks!

-Mark

#646 2009-11-16 17:26:52

hakjoon
Website

I should have a new 4.2.0 compatible version with the image picker hopefully out this week. (if you don’t need the image picker the link to the pre-release version works with 4.2.0)

There are options for allowing users to toggle it on and off, automatically turning ti off for articles created with textile or convert line breaks and it will turn itself off if the use textile settings are changed form “leave text untouched”, so you can control how users go about using it or not using it.

#647 2009-11-21 15:20:02

hakjoon
Website

This should be a final of the 4.2.0 compatible hak_tinymce (v.0.9.2 ). Image browser works, everything should work.

Please report problems.

edit: final doesn’t mean there won’t be other releases. It just means I’m hopefully done porting.

Last edited by hakjoon (2009-11-21 15:20:52)

#648 2009-11-23 20:42:22

Didjee
Website

I found two possible bugs in the image browser (hak_tiny_mce 0.9.2. and TXP 4.2):

1) I can only insert the full size image. Selecting the thumbnail version of an image doest’t work
2) Viewing the full size image by clicking the thumbnail in the image browser opens a false URL: http://www.site.com/http://www.site.com/images/01.jpg

Last edited by Didjee (2009-11-23 20:46:56)

Didjee

Board footer