Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#613 2009-09-30 22:24:42

hakjoon
Website

Re: hak_tinymce WYSIWYG article editor

Well that version of TinyMCE wasn’t meant to work in webkit. I don’t even get a popup when clicking the link button. Hopefully I’ll have the new version done soon.

In the meantime you could try updating tinyMCE to the latest version and running the 2x compatibility plugin haven’t tested this but it might get you somewhere with webkit in the meantime.

Shoving is the answer – pusher robot

#614 2009-10-01 04:22:43

dreamer

so once i download the main package, should I replace the /tiny_mce folder with this download?

#615 2009-10-01 11:35:19

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

It looks like the “Edit/insert image” gadget fails to detect the Textpattern root folder, thus causing broken IMG URIs for a Textpattern installation living in a subdirectory .

E.g., in the “Edit/insert image” popup, SRC is set to images/42.gif, which leaves us with http://example.com/images/42.gif in the tinyMCE main textarea. Expected SRC would be http://example.com/foobar/images/42.gif.

#616 2009-10-01 13:03:22

hakjoon
Website

@dreamer: in the old tiny_mce folder go into plugins and copy the txp_image folder somewhere (this is the image picker). Then replace the old tiny_mce folder with jscripts/tinymce from the new package. Then re-add the txp_image folder to the plugins directory. The image picker should really be the only thing that doesn’t work with 3.x out of the box. I’m hoping enabling the 2.x compatibility plugin will make it work.

@wet: document_base_url is set to hu which I thought would have handled that (at least I remember testing for it). I’ll see if I can figure out what’s going on. In the meantime playing with the url conversion options might help temporarily. document_base_url is set before any of the user defined options so it can be redefined by the user.

Thanks everyone for their patience while I work to get this fixed. I’m only able to work in small bursts and Im trying to clean up stuff while I’m at it. I can get rid of a lot of stuff that I needed when I wrote this back for 4.0.3.

Last edited by hakjoon (2009-10-01 14:47:41)

#617 2009-10-01 16:53:51

dreamer

Hakjoon- I will look into this and get back to you.

This is another issue that I posted elsewhere . It may or may not be related to the hak tinymce plugin but here’s the issue;

I can’t access the left sidebar of the Write Interface; Advanced Options, Recent Articles, Textile Help . When I click on them, they won’t drop down at all.

I think the culprit is that the plugin is used. Because when i go to articles that are using Textile, I can access the drop downs. But when I go to articles that uses the plugin ( defaulting to “Leave Text Untouched”), then I can’t access them.

This is occuring in at least IE7 and FF3. Who knows what else.

Suggestions?

#618 2009-10-01 19:50:10

hakjoon
Website

It’s the plugin’s fault. The way the toggles get wired up changed in 4.2 and the method I’m using to inject the toggle editor link is breaking that. This is fixed in the new version I’m working on.

Check out the conversation started by this post it has a temporary solution, that seems to be working.

Let me know if you don’t understand what to do and I can write up something a little clearer.

Last edited by hakjoon (2009-10-01 19:50:32)

#619 2009-10-02 04:49:13

dreamer

That fix worked! Thx.

Last edited by dreamer (2009-10-02 05:04:11)

#620 2009-10-02 05:35:56

dreamer

@dreamer: in the old tiny_mce folder go into plugins and copy the txp_image folder somewhere (this is the image picker). Then replace the old tiny_mce folder with jscripts/tinymce from the new package. Then re-add the txp_image folder to the plugins directory. The image picker should really be the only thing that doesn’t work with 3.x out of the box. I’m hoping enabling the 2.x compatibility plugin will make it work.

I tried this method, but am stuck with enabling the 2.x compat plugin. I copied the following line of code to the end of plugin code;

tinyMCE.init({
	theme : "advanced",
	mode : "textareas",
	plugins : "compat2x"
});

but I got the following error;

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '{', expecting ')' in /home/content/p/v/t/pvtlabel/html/private_cigar/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(594) : eval()'d code on line 633
The above errors were caused by the plugin:hak_tinymce 

I’m not even sure if did the first part right because in Google Chrome, the WYSIWYG editor doesn’t work at all and defaults to Textile. Though, the same WYSIWYG works in FF.

Just to clarify, I did this;
  • replaced the /tiny_mce folder with /tinymce folder from the new download. Deactivated the old folder by renaming it to tiny_mce-old
  • readded the txpimage folder to the new /tinymce folder

Last edited by dreamer (2009-10-02 05:37:25)

#621 2009-10-02 14:53:26

hakjoon
Website

The problem is just with that tinyMCE.init() call. You can just add the compat plugin in the initalization boxes in the tinyMCE tab.

So get rid of the tinyMCE.init you added and in Extensions -> hak_tinymce in the Initialization for article body editor: box just add compat2x to the plugins that are already there. at least txpimage should be there by default.

You can do the same for excerpt.

#622 2009-10-02 17:29:33

dreamer

Hmm….It still doesn’t work. This is what the line of code in the extensions tab looks like;

plugins : "searchreplace,txpimage,compat2x",

Here’s a screenshot of the problem. Like i said, the interface is gone even before I put in the compat2x call. It happened once I uploaded the new tiny_mce folder. Not sure what I could’ve done wrong here….

#623 2009-10-02 19:52:01

hakjoon
Website

Do you not get the Toggle Editor link at all? Are any Javascript errors being logged? My first guess is that it’s not finding the tiny_mce js file but it should still show you the toggle editor and stuff.

#624 2009-10-02 23:37:01

dreamer

I get the Toggle Editor. Though, regardless of browser, I can’t tick off the article/excerpt checkboxes to off-mode. I can tick them on, but not off.

As for debugging javascript, I wouldn’t even know where to begin as I know next to nothing about it.

Board footer