Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#517 2008-12-22 02:16:09

hakjoon
Website

Re: hak_tinymce WYSIWYG article editor

@txp tags
You can’t really do that. The colon in the txp tags doesn’t play nice with tinyMCE. I’ve been thinking of doing some sort of plugin that would allow you to insert txp:tags in a way that wouldn’t make tinyMCE destroy them but I haven’t come up with something.

@textile
You can turn the editor on for articles that you originally wrote with textile but you will lose all the formatting. I won’t turn it self on automatically though for anything written with textile so you can have a site that uses both methods of input. I have been considering a plugin that would parse your textile content to html if you want to use tinyMCE for articles you originally wrote with textile.

My long term goal would be to make tinyMCE generate textile but I’m still not sure how to do that.

Shoving is the answer – pusher robot

#518 2008-12-22 02:23:13

mrtunes
Website

hakjoon wrote: @textile You can turn the editor on for articles that you originally wrote with textile but you will lose all the formatting. I won’t turn it self on automatically though for anything written with textile so you can have a site that uses both methods of input. I have been considering a plugin that would parse your textile content to html if you want to use tinyMCE for articles you originally wrote with textile. My long term goal would be to make tinyMCE generate textile but I’m still not sure how to do that.

ok in the meantime i have my txp set to “leave text untouched” because i think you can’t use haktinymce with that set to textile. and then to do the textile in my post, i ended up just using forms instead cause that seemed like the most headache-free way of posting my flash player. so all-in-all i had to work around it but i’m better off in the longrun now.

your plugin is amazing, yet another one that should be included in the core

#519 2009-01-28 23:35:15

curiouz

Is it possible to automatically have TinyMCE initialized? Without having to “toggle” the editor for the article?

#520 2009-01-29 03:42:40

hakjoon
Website

Set your default to “leave text untouched” it will initialize automatically then.

#521 2009-02-15 17:01:36

jan
Website

Since hak_tinymce still runs on the 2.x series of TinyMCE, it’s not yet possible to use the handy element_format setting, which tells the parser to construct HTML 4.01 tags instead of XHTML tags.

But you can easily achieve the same by defining the following callback function in the preferences tab of hak_tinymce (I just copied the replace pattern from the 3.x source code):

function html401(element_id, html, body) {
	html = html.replace(/<([^>]+) \/>/g, '<$1>');
	return html;
}

Also, reference the callback in your initalization of the article and/or body editor:

save_callback : "html401",

That’s it, the parser will now construct valid HTML 4.01 elements!

Kensington TXP powered rock

#522 2009-02-17 12:24:36

fyankai

Am loving this plugin, but want to find a good way for clients to link to files without having to go into the HTML and manually insert a link. So it occurred to me that a very simple plugin would help here:

If textpattern’s Files list could have another column, displaying the URL of each file (perhaps next to the Tags column – or maybe just displayed under the name if space is too short), the user would just have to copy that URL, and insert it into the link popup window. At the moment they can get it by building an XHTML tag and copying just the URL, but that’s pretty awkward for non-techie clients.

I’ve searched around but can’t find a plugin that will do this. Would anyone know how to make this happen? I’m guessing it’d be a really small plugin since it’s just adding one line of HTML to the Files list… Any ideas? Or anyone got a better way to let clients link to files while still using hak_tinymce?

#523 2009-02-17 12:45:28

redbot
Plugin Author

For a temporarary workaround you can tell your clients to hover to “download” > right-click > copy link.

#524 2009-02-17 12:56:07

fyankai

Hi Redbot. That’s true – will use that for now, but if there’s a way to have it permanently displayed that’d make it easier for clients to remember how to do it. The fact that the URL is right there in the Download link suggests that it should be really easy to make it display below it or elsewhere in the Files list, but my own PHP is pretty ropey!

#525 2009-02-17 14:54:40

redbot
Plugin Author

Yes, I must admit this is a fairly common request. I think it could be done with some jquery… no promises but should I manage to do it when I have a bit of free time I’ll post here

#526 2009-02-17 15:16:55

hakjoon
Website

File and Article linking, is coming

I’ve been wanting to re-write the plugin to take advantage of jQuery which was not included when ti was originally written, and I need to upgrade everything to TinyMCE 3.0 which I haven’t had time to do. Maybe I just need to tackle less.

My plate is more open right now so I’m hoping to update all my plugins shortly.

#527 2009-02-17 15:35:53

redbot
Plugin Author

hakjoon wrote:

Thank you Patrick, it would be awesome!

#528 2009-02-18 01:31:22

jan
Website

hakjoon wrote:

I’ve been wanting to re-write the plugin to take advantage of jQuery which was not included when ti was originally written, and I need to upgrade everything to TinyMCE 3.0 which I haven’t had time to do. Maybe I just need to tackle less.
My plate is more open right now so I’m hoping to update all my plugins shortly.

I’d be happy to test a beta version, if I can contribute a bit in that way.

Last edited by jan (2009-02-18 01:32:38)

Kensington TXP powered rock

Board footer