Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#169 2006-09-05 17:51:49

renobird
Website

Re: hak_tinymce WYSIWYG article editor

Awesome. Thanks Patrick! I figured it was something simple, but I never want to fiddle too much in phpmyadmin.

Cheers.

Tom

#170 2006-09-05 17:54:55

hakjoon
Website

Oh one thing I’m not sure how TinyMCE will convert the line breaks. If you did the whole override body with body_html and excerpt with excerpt_html thing before it’s probably not a bad idea to do it again although it might not be needed just for line breaks. Maybe try just flipping the flag on one article and see how TinyMCE behaves.

Shoving is the answer – pusher robot

#171 2006-09-05 17:59:02

renobird
Website

OK. Thanks for the heads up. I haven’t had a chance to go into the database yet.
I should be giving it a shot in the next couple hours.

#172 2006-09-06 09:54:32

Algaris

hakjoon wrote:

This seems to be an issue with AdBlock. It appears to be keeping the language packs from loading.

Thanks for the info. I also found in AdBlock Plus there is an option to disable the plug-in for certain sites. By clicking its icon on the toolbar and selecting disable on xxx you can turn it off. I’m sure there must be a similar option in AdBlock too

#173 2006-09-13 02:37:42

plummerm
Archived Plugin Author

Hello Patrick,
Thanks for this wonderful plugin.

I just installed the latest version on a new Mac OS X Server and everything works perfectly except the insert image window.

When I open that window (with default category set to a blank field), it lists the following error several times before underneath outputting what I presume is the normal image previews.

Warning: Division by zero in /Library/WebServer/Documents/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(459) : eval()’d code on line 522

Strangely, this doesn’t happen when I go into other categories- the previews display correctly and with no errors.

Do you have any idea what I’m doing wrong?
thanks,
Matt

#174 2006-09-18 16:53:27

hakjoon
Website

Matt I don’t think it’s anything you are doing. It seems to be something with the way the images are getting called with no category selected. I remember Mary ran into something similar with upm_img_popper. Let me see if I can figure out what is happening.

Try this and see if it does anything, go to the images tab and change the “view 25 per page” to somthing else and see if it solves the problem. Never touching that drop down used to cause the division by zero error with upm_img_popper not sure if it will do anything here but it if does let me know.

#175 2006-09-18 17:57:14

plummerm
Archived Plugin Author

Hi Patrick,
Yes, I saw that thread this weekend and tried changing the “view x per page”… it unfortunately had no effect.

It seems to work despite the error messages, maybe there is a place for me to slip a @ and surpress the messages?

thanks,
Matt

#176 2006-09-18 21:31:03

hakjoon
Website

Any chance you can set the production setting to debug and send me a tag trace? The line number is pointing to lAtts() which I’m not explicitily calling so I think I need some more detail because I’m not being able to replicate it.

#177 2006-09-20 02:15:13

plummerm
Archived Plugin Author

Hi Patrick,
Absolutely, but I can’t find any tag trace info in the admin areas, including the popup window itself or in the article view. I do see tag traces in the client-side pages, just not admin. I have production status set to “debugging”, or there are any other settings to change? I followed this article about tag traces: http://forum.textpattern.com/viewtopic.php?id=10486

thanks for your help,
Matt

#178 2006-09-23 21:01:56

hakjoon
Website

Matt,

Sorry been travelling. There might not be a way to do tag traces in the admin side. Not sure. I’m going to do a new fresh install over here and see if I can figure out what is going on.

Do you have any images not assigned to categories to which the image files are missing per chance?

#179 2006-10-06 16:43:30

Ace of Dubs

I cant get this to work properly on Safari and it runs like molasses on FF (page constantly loading)

after installation and activating the body and image functions, the admin calls up errors from w3c validator

bc..
Unknown property ‘filter’. Declaration dropped.editor_ui.css (line 179)
Unknown property ‘scrollbar-3dlight-color’. Declaration dropped.editor_content.cs… (line 50)
Unknown property ‘scrollbar-arrow-color’. Declaration dropped.editor_content.cs… (line 51)
Unknown property ‘scrollbar-base-color’. Declaration dropped.editor_content.cs… (line 52)
Unknown property ‘scrollbar-darkshadow-color’. Declaration dropped.editor_content.cs… (line 53)
Unknown property ‘scrollbar-face-color’. Declaration dropped.editor_content.cs… (line 54)
Unknown property ‘scrollbar-highlight-color’. Declaration dropped.editor_content.cs… (line 55)
Unknown property ‘scrollbar-shadow-color’. Declaration dropped.editor_content.cs… (line 56)
Unknown property ‘scrollbar-track-color’. Declaration dropped.editor_content.cs… (line 57)
[Exception… “‘Permission denied to get property XULElement.columns’ when calling method: [nsIDOMXULTreeElement::columns]” nsresult: “0×8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)” location: “JS frame :: http://fineprintink.com/textpattern/tiny_mce/tiny_mce.js :: anonymous :: line 1” data: no]tiny_mce.js (line 1)
context has no propertiesconsole.js (line 151)
this.aFreeSearchEngines[iIndex]4 has no propertieswebsearchproOverl… (line 146)
Unknown property ‘scrollbar-3dlight-color’. Declaration dropped.editor_popup.css (line 7)
Unknown property ‘scrollbar-arrow-color’. Declaration dropped.editor_popup.css (line 8)
Unknown property ‘scrollbar-base-color’. Declaration dropped.editor_popup.css (line 9)
Unknown property ‘scrollbar-darkshadow-color’. Declaration dropped.editor_popup.css (line 10)
Unknown property ‘scrollbar-face-color’. Declaration dropped.editor_popup.css (line 11)
Unknown property ‘scrollbar-highlight-color’. Declaration dropped.editor_popup.css (line 12)
Unknown property ‘scrollbar-shadow-color’. Declaration dropped.editor_popup.css (line 13)
Unknown property ‘scrollbar-track-color’. Declaration dropped.editor_popup.css (line 14)
Unknown property ‘filter’. Declaration dropped.editor_popup.css (line 139)
[Exception… “‘Permission denied to get property XULElement.columns’ when calling method: [nsIDOMXULTreeElement::columns]” nsresult: “0×8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)” location: “JS frame :: http://fineprintink.com/textpattern/tiny_mce/tiny_mce.js :: anonymous :: line 1” data: no]tiny_mce.js (line 1)
Unknown property ‘scrollbar-3dlight-color’. Declaration dropped.editor_popup.css (line 7)
Unknown property ‘scrollbar-arrow-color’. Declaration dropped.editor_popup.css (line 8)
Unknown property ‘scrollbar-base-color’. Declaration dropped.editor_popup.css (line 9)
Unknown property ‘scrollbar-darkshadow-color’. Declaration dropped.editor_popup.css (line 10)
Unknown property ‘scrollbar-face-color’. Declaration dropped.editor_popup.css (line 11)
Unknown property ‘scrollbar-highlight-color’. Declaration dropped.editor_popup.css (line 12)
Unknown property ‘scrollbar-shadow-color’. Declaration dropped.editor_popup.css (line 13)
Unknown property ‘scrollbar-track-color’. Declaration dropped.editor_popup.css (line 14)
Unknown property ‘filter’. Declaration dropped.editor_popup.css (line 139)
this.aFreeSearchEngines[iIndex]4 has no propertieswebsearchproOverl… (line 146

Last edited by Ace of Dubs (2006-10-06 16:46:27)

#180 2006-10-06 22:57:03

rloaderro
Archived Plugin Author
Website

I doesn’t work in safari so far as I know. It sucks cause safari is my default browser – but I always have FF running as well and for my clients – who are all PC based – they use either IEX or FF which works fine.

It does run slow in FF, that is true. I have a dual 800mhz G4 at work, and it is quite slow – but not unusably so (usually just when the interface first loads) and this compu is 4+ years old. I imagine on a PC – most of which are running 1.5GHz+ it would run much faster. At home I have a 1.8GHz macbookpro – I use FF compiled for intel and it runs the plugin blazingly fast – actually FF is my browser of choice at home – it runs at least as fast as safari plus has the super helpful javascript debugger and developer plugins…

I will tell you about this plugin though – the image handling is awesome – but at the same time it generates XHTML so you can’t change, for example, the alt tag for an image in the images tab and have it reflected in your article as you could with <txp:image />. Likewise it generates absolute URL’s (don’t know if this is configurable) so if you move the domain you will have to fix your URL’s by hand (unlike <txp:site_url />). But it has find/replace, generates valid XHTML, header’s, paragraphs, blockquotes, etc.. laid out as you would expect in a word processor and the fancy image handling (perhaps too fancy?).

Problems: if you paste in text from Word for example, it will preserve (!) the formatting (dunno if this is configurable either). Which means if you were using header 1’s, lists, bold and italics (converted to strong and em i imagine) than it will save you a lot of time pasting your content into TXP. But practically speaking, you or your client probably wasn’t using the correct formatting, which means you will have to correct the differences by hand (or first convert the document to text-only). It also allows the client to set their own formatting with align, color, etc.. that may clash with your CSS – although you can configure which and how the buttons appear on the interface and what they do.

Personally, I have used it for 2 client sites so far without any problems – and I can’t believe I quickly I have forgotten the textile too! Now when I try to create articles with textile it seems slow and inefficient (in TXP and a lot of other CMS’s that don’t have the WYSIWYG). TinyMCE is an open-source WYIWYG editor used by many web applications. Hakjoon’s brilliant plugin brings it to TXP, but problems you might have are probably to do with the javascript and not something he could fix…

Travel Atlas * Org | Start Somewhere

Board footer