Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#121 2006-05-10 14:37:24

hakjoon
Website

Re: hak_tinymce WYSIWYG article editor

So weird. Glad you got it figured out.

The image directory bit is set in the ibrowser configuration. /tiny_mce/plugins/ibrowser/iconfig.php just change this line to point to the directory you want to use relative to your site base url.

$imagedirectory = $img_dir.'/'; 

iBrowser will probably go away once my arm is good enough to code another release since it’s no longer supported and does not work with newer versions of tinyMCE. I still haven’t figured out what to replace it with yet.

Shoving is the answer – pusher robot

#122 2006-05-11 03:11:30

renobird
Website

Patrick,

First I’d like to extend a very big THANK YOU! This plug-in has made textpattern SO much better. Textile is great for the more experienced user, but seems to be very frustrating for everyone else.
I’m having to solve significantly fewer problems on sites where I’ve implemented the plug-in.

Anyhow…my question. I have a site that has a lot of older articles that are already written in textile. Is there a way to convert them so that they will now show up with the editor on when the user goes in to update the article?

Thanks Again.

Tom

Last edited by renobird (2006-05-11 03:12:46)

#123 2006-05-11 12:49:25

hakjoon
Website

If you go into the database, textpattern table, you can change the values of the textile_body and textile_excerpt from 1 to 0 which sets it to “Leave text untouched” which allows the editor to load.

Important: This will not convert the content from textile to html so you will lose most of the formatting. If you want to have the html version of the article replace the textile version you will need to overwrite the content of the Body and Excerpt columns with the contents of the Body_html and Excerpt_html columns so make sure you have backups of everything.

So in order to really do this, in the Textpattern table, you need to Overwrite Body with Body_html and Excerpt with Excerpt_html then change textile_body and textile_excerpt from 1 to 0.

That make sense? It wouldn’t be too hard to write a script to loop through the table and take care of it.

#124 2006-05-11 23:18:52

alancampbell

Hey again

Cheers for the support. Glad things sorted themselves out too… Let this be a warning: Globat are indeed as bad a host as everyone claims them to be! Thanks for the info on the image dir too, I was pulling my hair out over that one…

Sorry to hear about your arm too mate, I’ve had my fair share of injuries and other than the pain, the inconvenience is definitely the worst part! Hope your surviving, champ!

#125 2006-05-18 17:06:47

rStoNe

Ihave a problem modifyng the plugin to have the tiny’s plugin working….
maybe i’m wrong in something but…plz hlp:)
i have successefully installed hak_tinymce plugin and it’s working; then i tried to modify the plugin to have save buttons working, but when i push the save button i have this error: Forbidden

You don’t have permission to access /textpattern-4.0.3/textpattern/index.php on this server.

that sounds strange, because i have already edited others plugins in the past and i’m doing it just now….

whats wrong?

maybe i do not understood how to use other tiny’s initialization….
P.S. i’m running different textpattern installation on different parts of my site, and a new one just to try to upgrade the tiny’s plug to have a quite full range of functionality…..and everytime in all of this sites i have the same problem.in one installation i just have the hak_tinymce plugin installed: i can’t save modded hak_tinymce plug but can save all others plugs.

#126 2006-05-18 17:08:02

rStoNe

Ahhh…:) i was not sayn’ the most important thing:

TNX a LOT!! for the plugin itself:)

#127 2006-05-19 02:22:43

hakjoon
Website

I have no idea why you would be having problems editing the plugin. There is nothing special about it. You don’t need to edit the plugin to change the init though. You can just put it in a form and use that.

My arm comes out of the cast next week so I can start the new version which will allow for defining functions to use for the callbacks also.

#128 2006-06-02 17:24:07

fuls
Website

Can you tell me where can I add fileBrowserCallBack? Inside your plugin or ?
I’d like to use flash plugin for Tiny mce but I can’t get the browse button to work without custom file browser function.

Thank you!

#129 2006-06-04 20:47:58

hakjoon
Website

Right now you either have to add the callback to the plugin or create your own plugin that loads the function in the write tab.

I have an update coming that will allow you to specify functions for tinyMCE to use without modifying the plugin.

#130 2006-06-27 20:14:04

Timid&friendly
Website

Hi Hakjoon,

The plugin promises much. Please forgive my stupifying ignorance, but i can’t see your lovely wyzywig editor anywhere.

1. I downloaded the “hak_tinymce.zip”
2. Unpacked it and uploaded the tiny_mce folder into the “www.mydomain/textpattern/” directory.
3. Opened “hak_tinymce.txt”, copied the code bit.
4. Pasted it in admin/plug-ins/ window. and Clicked upload.
5. Clicked save.
6. activated it

Ta daaaaa!!

When i go to content/write/ i only see a toggle option and no editor! Where have you hidden it, come on don’t be shy, do tell ,,, DOH!!!

What am i missing, What is that Form??!!! thing you talked about???

Also One last question. Is there a difference between the plugin 0.5.4 on your site and the TinyMCE 2.0.6.1 on the tinymce.moxiecode.com site? It confuses me and makes my brain hurt :-s

Last edited by Timid&friendly (2006-06-27 20:17:02)

I think, therefore I AM, … … er … I think :-?

#131 2006-06-27 20:22:18

hakjoon
Website

If you click the toggle option it should expand to offer checkboxes for article and excerpt. If you click the checkbox the editor should appear. Is that not happening?

You only have to mess with the form if you need to change the default tinymce configuration.

My currently offered plugin is packaged with version 2.0.2. 2.0.6.1 will work but the image browser plugin no longer works (moxiecode re wrote some core stuff in 2.0.5 which broke the image browser I was using)

I’m working on a new version which will have a brand new image browser that I’m writing from scratch (which is why it’s taking so long) and works with 2.0.6.1

#132 2006-06-27 20:58:40

beztak
Website

Nice to hear that. GO ON, HAKJOON. I’m looking forward to your brand new version :-)

Board footer