Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2005-11-20 16:43:51

Destry
Website

[wiki] TextBook and clean URLs

I’m assuming that textpattern.net falls under TextDrive territory, plus we have Dean endorsement of TextBook, so I’d think it’s reasonably safe to say that implementing clean URLs with MediaWiki is not an issue from the ownership side of things. (?)

#2 2005-11-21 05:32:46

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

Re: [wiki] TextBook and clean URLs

That’s right, not a problem. In fact, you don’t need a support ticket, you only need that for subdomains (because they setup a virtual host).

Instead of:
<notextile>textpattern.net/wiki/index.php<strong>?title=</strong>Alphabetical_Tag_Listing</notextile>

we’d get:
<notextile>textpattern.net/wiki/index.php<strong>/</strong>Alphabetical_Tag_Listing</notextile>

My question would be how would this affect the other wiki urls, like:
<notextile>textpattern.net/wiki/index.php?title=Alphabetical_Tag_Listing<strong>&action=edit</strong></notextile>

#3 2005-11-21 06:05:58

Destry
Website

Ryan Schwartz’s <em>.htaccess</em> mods gets clean URLs working on TextDrive, and you can clean them up even further by removing the <em>index.php</em>, so although I can’t answer that question, mary, I have to assume it’s handled in this process somehow.

EDIT: Although it’s probably not difficult to get clean URLs working, and it would certainly be nice to see them, there is the issue of what that means for all the current links in the TxP Forum that point to the various wiki locations. Renaming a wiki page is no problem, the redirect retains the path and so a forum link is not broken, but I don’t know if the same can be said for going to clean URLs…though now that I think about it, I thought hakjoon mentioned it’s possible to go clean and keep current links. (Have to look at this closer, I guess.)

#4 2005-11-21 13:49:23

hakjoon
Website

When I did some testing locally with the clean urls, Messy links did not seem to break. However I was having problems with the action urls, and I couldn’t edit any pages, so I was going to play around with it a bit more.

It also seems that if we are going to make links break that this would be the time to do it since the structure is changing.

Last edited by hakjoon (2005-11-21 14:08:36)

Shoving is the answer – pusher robot

#5 2006-03-05 14:10:57

Destry
Website

Hakjoon, have we had wiki upgrades recently, and if so, is there hope of going to clean URLs?

#6 2006-03-06 21:11:56

hakjoon
Website

I stil have to run a test upgrade to 1.5.6 to make sure everything will go alright. Unfortunately my development system melted down recently so I’ve been working on rebuilding it and life keeps getting in the way.

I’ll see if I can get things in place to do the upgrade within the next couple days.

Shoving is the answer – pusher robot

#7 2006-03-06 21:51:23

Destry
Website

Ouch, sorry to hear that. No worries, man. Real life comes first.

Board footer