Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2005-10-21 01:42:25

Hans
Website

... stop TXP from renaming uploaded images?

I run a photoblog and I have to upload an image each day. I my own organization system and each photo is assigned a catalog number on my computer. For organizational purposes it would be best for me if the filename stays the same once it is uploaded. However, TXP automatically renames it in an incremental number, and each time I post an image, I have to hover over the image’s link in Content>Images just to find out the ID in order to apply the article-image ID in each article.

It would save me (and many others) a great amount of time if someone perhaps put together a hack or a plugin to get rid of the ID-renaming. The best solution would probably be to get the ID of the uploaded image from the original filename (before the .jpg, etc.).

Lumilux – A Photoblog

#2 2005-10-21 02:08:17

zem
Developer Emeritus

Re: ... stop TXP from renaming uploaded images?

This is a low priority. Might happen for 4.1, if someone sends a patch.

There are several image selector plugins available, that make this mostly a non-issue. upm_image_popper is popular.

Alex

#3 2005-10-21 02:28:03

Jeremie
Website

For what it’s worth, I agree with both1. It is very much needed, but others things as well. Since we all have countless files&images already renamed, well that can wait some.

1 What ? Why everybody doesn’t care at all ? :p

#4 2005-10-23 21:43:32

Hans
Website

If the images were not renamed, then we could reference them in other ways, without having to dig up the ID.

My main reason for wanting this is so that I may have the article_image in my feed, without requiring a hack.

My point is now moot, but for all intents and purposes I think it’d just be easier for everyone if the filename stayed the same, but people still had the chance to rename it (see Flickr’s online uploading mechanism).

Last edited by Hans (2005-11-30 01:44:27)

Lumilux – A Photoblog

Board footer