Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#25 2009-12-02 21:58:50

speeke
Website

Re: Section article listing beginning with current day's article

Fantastic. I’ll give this a whirl later today.

What would Txp be without you, Stef? I couldn’t do some of the things I need to do for my own site, without your plugins. I’m going to have to ask Santa to call on you this Xmas :-)

“People who value their privileges above their principles soon lose both.”
Dwight D. Eisenhower

#26 2009-12-02 22:14:23

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

speeke wrote:

What would Txp be without you, Stef?

Hehehe, a damn site simpler to understand :-D

Seriously, thanks for the props. Hope this version of the plugin helps you out and that I’ve cracked smd_horizon for ya as well.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#27 2009-12-02 22:27:42

jakob
Admin
Website

Well this version of smd_query does things in a radically different way, so in theory you won’t need the article embedded inside it, nor will you need the adi_gps or adi_calc plugins (I hope!) because smd_query now understands paging natively.

Now that sounds like music to my ears!!

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#28 2009-12-02 22:55:54

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

One caveat I’ve just thought of that I don’t think I can easily fix: if you have a txp:article list and an smd_query paginated list on the same page, the newer/older links will page through both of them at the same time because I’m hijacking TXP’s pagination mechanism. If you want to be able to navigate them separately (sidebar=smd_query list, main window=article list, for example) then it would involve me adding a (configurablem natch) URL var to smd_query which it could ‘watch’ and use that var to trigger paging instead. It would mean having to make your own older/newer anchors as well, but it’s a small price to pay for separate navs on a page.

I’ll leave it as it is for now, but if this turns out to be an issue I can dedicate some brain power to a solution.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#29 2009-12-03 22:45:42

speeke
Website

Bloke wrote:

This version of smd_query does things in a radically different way, so in theory you won’t need the article embedded inside it.

I have quite a lot of coffufal inside my article form which I reuse on other pages, so technically I guess it’s still preferable to include the article tag inside smd_query? Or would a misc form simplify/speed up the rendering of content ???

if you have a txp:article list and an smd_query paginated list on the same page … it would mean having to make your own older/newer anchors as well, but it’s a small price to pay for separate navs on a page.

I am using my own older/newer anchors in any case. I love the new simplicity of smd_query (no need for an article tag embedded inside it, disregarding my comment above), and so this extra gribble could be really valuable. My 2 cents/pence ;-)

Note: Just wondering, should we use your smd_query plugin thread for any continuation on this topic?

Last edited by speeke (2009-12-04 11:49:10)

“People who value their privileges above their principles soon lose both.”
Dwight D. Eisenhower

Board footer