Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2008-08-27 19:10:12

squaredeye
Website

Opportunity to gently tweak TXP logo

Per the work of redesigning the new textpattern.com, we will also be evaluating the possibility of gently tweaking the current Textpattern logo.

Serious inquiries please write design (at) squaredeye (dot) com, with examples of logo work, and suggestions for tweaking.
This is high profile volunteer work.

Matthew

#2 2008-08-28 00:59:25

aarplane
Website

Re: Opportunity to gently tweak TXP logo

To give a potential logo idea, I looked at the current logo. It’s really busy and complicated, in my opinion.

But I still looked at it. What is the man doing? Well, he’s carving out something in the stone.

Then it clicked. One of TXP’s defining features is the multiple translations available for it, and what better symbolizes translation than the Rosetta Stone? I don’t know if any fancy vector thing can be made of this stone (maybe with a “T” or something in it).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosetta_Stone

#3 2008-08-28 06:32:56

jakob
Admin
Website

Dunno, maybe. What with textism, textile and textpattern, I thought it was just Dean’s jokey synonym for a basic tool for hammering out messages to the world: “Forget, Gutenberg presses, CNC-milling machines and laser-cutters, just give me a hammer and something to work and I’ll get going”.

Various people have tried to smoothen/enlarge the logo but it’s inherently not very clear. Clearly the cover designer for Textpattern solutions had the same problem and found a fairly good solution for it that could serve as a possible starting point for an icon or logo.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#4 2008-08-28 06:37:44

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

squaredeye wrote:

…we will also be evaluating the possibility of gently tweaking the current Textpattern logo.

Emphasis mine. As Matthew and I congruently assumed in our pre-flight checkup, this would be no redesign but rather a refinement of what has been our ™ for years.

#5 2008-08-28 13:17:54

squaredeye
Website

As Wet has rightly stated, and I want to re-emphasize, this is a gentle tweaking, an updating of the present logo.
If we want to discuss the logo and and its qualities or our opinions about its lack thereof, lets start a separate thread :)))

In this case, I’d simply love to see if anyone has interest in taking on a high profile redesign project :)

Thanks!

Matthew

#6 2008-10-06 15:27:05

kvnmcwebn
Website

email sent

its a bad hen that wont scratch itself.
photogallery

#7 2008-10-06 16:46:19

squaredeye
Website

Hmm, don’t see it in my inbox. Want to try again :)

#8 2009-03-04 10:49:02

belipe
Website

After having thouht about the new textpattern logo for qite a long time I must admit that reducing the current logo to hammer and chisel like they did on the cover of the Textpattern book seemed very attractive to me. So I wondered how to turn them into a logo and ended up crossing them like in the most prominent letter in Textpattern. I tried to modernize the logo without making it look too web 2.0-ish. I’m very curios about your feedback.

<txp:nothing_else />

@belipe

#9 2009-03-04 11:57:10

redbot
Plugin Author

Looks clean, modern and professional. I really like it.

#10 2009-03-04 13:12:24

maniqui
Website

I like it too, particularly the large version with all the appreciable details on it.
It’s somehow connected with the communism symbol. That may tell something about the community, the open source… but I may be “over-interpreting” it.

What about creating the word “textpattern” as it if was written by using those tools?

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#11 2009-03-04 15:41:46

squaredeye
Website

Ugh. Just left a nice long note. Philip, Amazing work!

I’d love to see an iteration that focuses the colors to the yellow/black/grey/white for use in areas where this realism isn’t appropriate. Lets hop on the phone and chat about it if you have a sec (or skype)

Matthew

#12 2009-03-04 15:52:10

nickdominguez
Website

The new logo looks great.

Board footer