Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2004-06-18 04:19:21

takshaka
Archived Plugin Author
Website

[plugin] [ORPHAN] chh_article_custom

I wanted an article tag with the configurability of txp:article_custom that could be used anywhere txp:article could. This tag is a drop-in replacement for both txp:article and txp:article_custom, offering features like context-sensitive operation, support for multiple categories/sections and hierarchical categories, browse-by-category name munging, and article expiration dates.

The chh_article_custom plugin is an enhanced replacement for txp:article_custom and txp:article, offering features like context-sensitive operation, support for multiple categories/sections, hierarchical category searching, and advanced date/time selection.

This plugin provides two tags, chh_article_custom and chh_article. The latter makes available all of the attributes of the former and enables some features more akin to txp:article, namely support for paging, searches, and frontpage filtering.

(Edit: updated above urls to point to the correct place. :) -Mary)

Last edited by Mary (2006-04-01 18:45:32)

#2 2004-06-18 14:34:53

schussat
Plugin Author
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] chh_article_custom

Neat plugin, takshaka; I’m going to investigate it some more later this afternoon. I especially like this part:

==

-Alan

#3 2004-06-18 14:56:20

Caged
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Nice plugin takshaka, thanks for sharing.

Isolated-Designs http://www.isolated-designs.net/core

#4 2004-06-18 18:31:48

blumie607
Website

Will this be able to display future articles?

bludrop studios .::. Creative Expression

#5 2004-06-18 23:55:34

schussat
Plugin Author
Website

Hi Takshaka-

I’ve tried the plugin, and it does a few strange things for me. I’m using it on my front page, with only the argument 'limit="5"' (just as a replacement for the regular front-page txp:article). Problem is, my two most recent entries aren’t being displayed, and my txp:older and txp:newer links at the bottom of the page (enclosed in an <txp:if_article_list> control) aren’t displayed. Have I done something wrong?

-Alan

#6 2004-06-19 02:49:38

takshaka
Archived Plugin Author
Website

> blumie607 wrote:
> Will this be able to display future articles?

That’s on my todo list.

> schussat wrote:
> Problem is, my two most recent entries aren’t being displayed, and my txp:older and txp:newer links at the bottom of the page (enclosed in an <txp:if_article_list> control) aren’t displayed. Have I done something wrong?

No, you shouldn’t be able to do anything wrong using it so simply. I think I forgot to set a couple of globals needed for the previous/next links. I should be able to take care of that tonight. The missing entries problem is odd, though. I’ll see if I can replicate it.

Addendum: Okay, the new version should handle older/newer properly.

link moved to first post

I’m not sure about the other part of your problem. Are the missing articles different from the rest in any way besides being newer?

Last edited by takshaka (2004-06-20 02:25:31)

#7 2004-06-19 06:14:45

schussat
Plugin Author
Website

Thanks, takshaka; your update took care of the older/newer problem. Those links seem to be working properly now.

As for the problem with other entries not being displayed: After taking another look, it appears that entries with multiple categories aren’t being picked up. My most recent two entries have both categories assigned, and neither they nor other entries with two categories are being displayed. To test this out, I added a second category to an existing entry, and sure enough, it disappered.

-Alan

#8 2004-06-20 02:34:52

takshaka
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Thanks for the info. I think all of that is sorted out now.

I’ve also added support for article status (<code>status=“Live,Pending”</code> — specify a comma-separated list from Live, Pending, Hidden, or Draft) and future articles (<code>dateposted=“future”</code> for only future articles and <code>dateposted=“any”</code> for all articles, regardless of date).

Another small addition: <code>offset=“2”</code> allows you to skip the first 2 articles of the list.

The help text hasn’t been updated for 0.32, though. I’ll try to have an attribute reference up soon.

#9 2004-06-20 04:39:37

blumie607
Website

Wow. Thiis is an AMAZING plugin. It should be called <code><txp:super_article /></code>.

Very cool. Will definitely try it out.

Last edited by blumie607 (2004-06-20 05:09:17)

bludrop studios .::. Creative Expression

#10 2004-06-20 23:35:43

schussat
Plugin Author
Website

I missed your update last night, but just installed 0.32, and everything looks great! This is awesome stuff, and goes a long way toward making subcategories functionally useful. Thanks!

-Alan

#11 2004-06-23 04:04:32

takshaka
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Okay, as of 0.33 the tag supports article expiration dates via one of the txp custom data fields. I think that’s the last subfeature until I get custom comments working.

#12 2004-06-23 22:12:10

schussat
Plugin Author
Website

I’m sure this is outside the scope of your plugin, Takshaka, but it is related in functionality, so I thought I’d post it here: It would be great to replicate the subcategory functionality of this plugin when generating feeds, so that articles in cat/subcategory would show up in feeds of cat or of subcategory .

-Alan

Board footer