Textpattern Forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#391 2006-01-13 20:02:59

cap_nemo
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] rss_suparchive - article archive list

Sorry to jump in the conversations here but i was just wondering if anyone has had issues with using the offset attribute in this plugin. It works fine and then when i add that, it displays nothing. Any suggestions?

#392 2006-01-14 18:38:34

maarten
Website

> wilshire wrote:

> shadowlost – Its very easy to install. Just create a page called archive to go with your archive section. Then add a call to <code><txp:rss_suparchive /></code> to the page. Thats it. Make sure you set the proper section or categories along with any of the other optional parameters you want.

>mttw – I don’t believe the current output uses the new strftime() formatting that allows for internationalization. You could do it however by creating your own article form to display your results with.

I’m struggling with the same problem (I intend to use it for an upcoming events list) and can’t get it to work. Can you please give me an example of what should be in the article form to translate the months?

Last edited by maarten (2006-01-14 18:38:49)

#393 2006-01-14 22:17:40

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

The problem that RenJonsin was having is fixed now in 0.16.1 although you would have only been affected if you turned off the preference that attaches article titles to permalinks.

cap_nemo – I’m not aware of any problems with the offset. Can you post an example of how you’re calling the plugin?

maarten – You should just need to use the txp:posted tag to display the dates however you need to in your article form.

#394 2006-01-15 20:39:18

maarten
Website

Thanks Wilshire / Rob

It works for me! For users who want to do the same but don’t know how:

In my page I add:
<code>
<txp:rss_suparchive category=“agenda” timeframe=“FUTURE” limit=“8” form=“lofi” />
</code>

And in the form:
<code>
<div class=“rssSubdate”><txp:posted format=”%d %B” />
<li class=“rssArticle”><txp:permlink><txp:title /></txp:permlink></li></div>
</code>

The localisation is of course done under the admin tab.

EDIT: thought it worked fine but after clicking on a future article link it shows the article all right but the future article list is gone. Is this related to the plugin or just an error in my page? I call the plugin from my default page in my sidebar area.

Last edited by maarten (2006-01-18 13:56:03)

#395 2006-01-16 01:40:30

cap_nemo
Website

Wilshire,

Thanks for your response. It’s very odd, i add offset and nothing appears. Here is how i’m calling it.

< txp:rss_suparchive section=“comment” limit=“10” category=“homerants” offset=“8” / >

Thanks!

Last edited by cap_nemo (2006-01-16 01:40:58)

#396 2006-01-22 22:13:11

rapha...
Website

Can I change the date label (ex: January) to my language, brazilian portuguese?

#397 2006-01-23 01:33:01

NoFixedAbode

Hi,

Love the rss_supararchive plugin. Great work!

I’m having difficulty getting the landing page looking/working the way I want. It’s been several months since I put this site together (the archives is a relatively new feature), so it may have to do with the fact that I’ve forgotten half of what I need to know about TXP to get this working right.

The problems I’m having are:

1) When a supararchive link is clicked for a particular month, the landing page displays all the articles for that category. The URL appears to be structured properly. I can’t figure out how to limit the display to of article to just the month selected.

2) The ‘form’ attribute doesn’t seem to have any effect. I have an ‘event’ form and an ‘article’ form, both of which are rendered using slightly different graphics. When I specify a form to be used in the article list, it doesn’t take effect.

The site is here: http://www.joanndaugherty.com/ .

I suspect that I probably don’t have the article list landing page set up correctly (as I’m not entirely sure how that is generated).

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for the work on the plugin.

NFA

Last edited by NoFixedAbode (2006-01-23 04:38:02)

#398 2006-01-23 06:24:03

maarten
Website

rapha,

See my post. You would have to make a call to a form in which you override the output of the rss_suparchive with txp:posted.

NoFixedAbode,

It would help if you post the code in your page and the forms in the forum.

Last edited by maarten (2006-01-23 08:50:34)

#399 2006-01-23 09:04:41

rapha...
Website

> maarten wrote:
> rapha,

See my post. You would have to make a call to a form in which you override the output of the rss_suparchive with txp:posted.

<
<

Thanks, maarten, you helped me so much!

Last edited by rapha... (2006-01-23 09:05:04)

#400 2006-01-23 13:55:03

NoFixedAbode

Maarten,

Good point. Here’s the relevant code:

EDIT: First I need to figure out how to insert code using Textile. I have been unable to get code into this post. Textile has me completely flummoxed in regards to this. I’ve tried pre and code tags (which several references say will work), and reviewed the (rather skimpy) official reference – which has no reference to preformatted or code block.

EDIT 2: Ok, completely flummoxed here – I’ve tried 1. code and pre tags 2. tt tag 3. notextile tags 4. converting code to HTML entities. Nothing worked. I’ll chalk this up to my own quick perusal of the documentation, I probably missed something – other than this, Textile has worked well in the past.

I’ve loaded a page containing this post here: http://www.jmcmichael.com/post1.html . Sorry for the inconvenience, but if you could take a look at the code blocks there, I’d appreciate it.

Thanks,

NoFixedAbode

Last edited by NoFixedAbode (2006-01-23 14:23:53)

Board footer