Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2006-01-03 12:26:59

Hiram
Website

Switching off comments hides comments already received

In 4.0.3, articles that had comments, and that were later set to ‘comments off’, no longer show the comments already received (i.e. received before switching off comments). This is not the expected behaviour. It should be possible (like it was) to receive a number of comments and then switch off comments for an article, retaining the comments already published.

‘Comments on’ should mean: ‘allow comments to be added’. In addition, there should probably be a ‘hide/show comments’ switch for each article.

Update: I noticed that setting the global ‘Disabled after’ preference (in Admin > Preferences) to anything other than ‘never’ also causes comments already received to no longer be displayed. This, again, is not the expected behaviour.

Last edited by Hiram (2006-01-03 12:33:26)

#2 2006-01-03 19:17:29

Sencer
Archived Developer
Website

Re: Switching off comments hides comments already received

Can you show us your comments_display form?

#3 2006-01-03 22:39:31

zem
Developer Emeritus

Sounds like you have the <txp:comments /> tag enclosed within <txp:if_comments_allowed>...</txp:if_comments_allowed>.

Alex

#4 2006-01-05 18:00:24

Hiram
Website

Thanks, zem and Sencer. Moving the closing if_comments_allowed tag solved the issue. Now I only need to find a way to hide the ‘commenting closed for this article’ phrase under articles with no comments. I guess the string is defined in some file in my textpattern directory, and I can simply change it to “ “?

Update: The solution was to change ‘commenting closed for this article’ in textpattern/lang/en-gb.txt to &nbsp;. Just deleting the string displays ‘commets_closed’ on the page.

Last edited by Hiram (2006-01-05 18:17:11)

Board footer