Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2005-12-01 15:05:20

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] wow_menu-Full menu control (order, hide/show items, subtree)

Hi nighthawk
Your plugin looks very promising
Unfortunately when I insert this <code><txp:wow_menu hide=“147,148” ></code> code in a form
the plugin returns this:
<code><div id=“menutree”><ul></li></ul></li></ul></p></form></code>
In a localhost site with 6 categories and 4 sub-categories

Last edited by colak (2005-12-01 15:10:50)

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#14 2005-12-01 15:57:47

reid
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] wow_menu-Full menu control (order, hide/show items, subtree)

> nighthawk wrote:

> About the help text problems – sorry, I can’t reproduce this one even though I also use Firefox 1.07 like Infi. :/ Let me play around a little, maybe I can solve this in one of the next versions. I hope it’s not too annoying. :)

I could well be wrong, but this may be related to using Textile in the help section. Because what I see is the raw text as if Textile was never run on it:

<code>h1. wow_Menu – description The wow_menu plugin gives you complete control over your category-based menu – no hacks required. h2. Admin side After installation, a new tab named “menu control” will be visible under “extensions” … etc.</code>

Well, Texttile is run on the code block here, so that’s not exactly how it looks…

Last edited by reid (2005-12-01 15:58:21)

TextPattern user since 04/04/04

#15 2005-12-01 16:12:00

nighthawk
Archived Plugin Author
Website

@colak
I’m afraid I need more information on this. Please send me an e-mail, and I’ll see what I can do (my private address is provided with the plugin).
BTW, have you closed the tag properly? In your quote, the closing slash is missing – don’t know if that makes a difference, but it’s worth a try.

@reid
Hey, thanks for that! Now I finally know which helptext you’ve all been referring to. :) Hmm – maybe this is related to the plugin generator? I’ll check that, but since the help is also included on the plugin page itself (“menu control”), you’re not missing anything.

Last edited by nighthawk (2005-12-01 16:13:32)

#16 2005-12-01 16:34:00

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Hi nighthawk
thanks for the reply
Yep, forgot to close the tag
With the tag closed this is what I get
<code><div id=“menutree”><ul></li></ul></li></ul></div></code>
Will write an email to you tomorrow as I am full on with work now.
What kind of details re the way I experimented with plugin would you like me to include in the mail?

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#17 2005-12-03 16:37:19

nighthawk
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Hi folks,
thanks for pointing out the problems above – I think colak’s problem should be fixed now, too. Please try it out. :)
The help text has also been reformatted to use HTML and to provide better overview.

WARNING
There was a wrong passage in the help text — if you want to display only a part of the tree using the start tag, you must NOT use the item’s ID, but its NAME instead!

Last edited by nighthawk (2005-12-03 18:34:15)

#18 2005-12-03 17:59:31

jstubbs
Website

Hi nighthawk, thanks for the plugin. However, calling txp:wow_menu hide=”mycategory” does not result in the category being hidden. The txp:wow_menu hide=”my-evil-category” is in the page template, not a form.

#19 2005-12-03 18:28:10

nighthawk
Archived Plugin Author
Website

@jstubbs
> The txp:wow_menu hide=”my-evil-category” is in the page template, not a form.
If you want to hide items, use their IDs. The category names are just used for the start attribute. Sorry for the misunderstanding due to what I wrote in my previous post —> amended.

Last edited by nighthawk (2005-12-03 18:37:25)

#20 2005-12-03 18:36:39

jstubbs
Website

Hi, I did that and it does not work. In my case, the name is “general”. I used that as the hide attribute and it still displays. I tried to hide other categories and that did not work either. I have the correct name, for sure.

#21 2005-12-03 18:39:18

nighthawk
Archived Plugin Author
Website

> Hi, I did that and it does not work. In my case, the name is “general”. I used that as the hide attribute and it still displays. I tried to hide other categories and that did not work either. I have the correct name, for sure.
Sorry again – you have to use the IDs for hide, and the names for start. Seems like I haven’t slept enough, writing lots of nonsense… hope this puts things right now! :)

#22 2005-12-03 18:44:09

jstubbs
Website

OK! Yes, with the id for the hide attribute, indeed the category does not display. Good, good. Now for some playing around with this plugin. Thanks nighthawk!

#23 2005-12-08 10:28:43

alice_c
Plugin Author

Thanks for this Plugin! I started to write something quite the same, but never had time to finish it ;)

I realised a few bugs/improvements and coded clean urls, but I’ll write you this via PM.

#24 2005-12-08 12:54:06

nighthawk
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Hey Alice,
that’s good news, looking forward to hearing from you. Let me know what you found – I’m happy about any improvement on the script. Feel free to tinker at will with the horrible code I wrote. :)

Board footer