Textpattern Forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#21 2005-06-29 18:05:38

gerhard
Plugin Author
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] etz_crumbs

txp:crumbs is the reason for which I looked into alternative ways of displaying breadcrumbs. It kept inserting extra <> chars without any reason. I followed everything to the dot from TXP Wiki but to no avail.

K, will svn to get the latest TXP release.

Cheers, Gerhard.

#22 2005-06-29 18:39:38

soulship
Website

How are you using it? I use it in my article form at the top like this:

<code><txp:breadcrumb wraptag=“p” label=“crumbs” link=“y” class=“crumb” /></code>

#23 2005-06-29 19:15:51

gerhard
Plugin Author
Website

I have been using it like this <code><txp:breadcrumb sep=”&gt;” link=“y” wraptag=“span” /></code>. This is the output:

<code><span><&gt;><a href=“http://apalia.local/assetsos/new/” class=“noline”>Asset SOS Inc.</a></&gt;>
<&gt;><a href=“http://apalia.local/assetsos/new/faq/”>faq</a></&gt;></span></code>.

As you can see, the separator gets it’s own <> without any reason…

Anyways, I have downloaded the latest version and am just in the process of backing up the db & upgrading TXP.

Last edited by gerhard (2005-06-29 19:16:10)

#24 2005-06-29 19:34:10

gerhard
Plugin Author
Website

Right, etz_crumbs is set up and TXP has been updated to the latest revision. Now then, locally, the website that I am testing is in http://apalia.local/assetsos/new/. However, etz_crumbs “thinks” it’s in http://apalia.local/.

Is there any way around using etz_crumbs successfully with subdirs?

Thanks for your help ; ), Gerhard.

#25 2005-09-26 15:52:14

Etz Haim
Plugin Author
Website

There’s a new version (0.3) available that gets rid of the dependencies on the upm_*_title plugins. These plugins once were useful to fill a gap in the core Textpattern distribution, so let’s all thank Mary for them.

However, as of revision 953 there are new, improved section and category navigation tags that make the upm_*_title plugins obsolete, and it was time for etz_crumbs to stop using them too.

#26 2005-09-26 17:19:45

Niconemo

Well… I testing this plugin with the default deanload version (rev. 888) and I have some issues :

1st issue :
I see a “notitle” option (notitle: don’t show the article title in the breadcrumbs) but ther is no article title at all in my breadbrumb anyway… so I think something is going wrong.

2d issue :
My frontpage breadcrumb shows this : “Home > default” What is this “default” ? How to get rid of it ?

Maybe these issues are due to my txp version (rev.888)… ? The plugin would work only with latest SVN ?

Edit :
Hem! tcm_crumbs does axactly the same… I don’t know what to think…

Last edited by Niconemo (2005-09-26 17:41:00)

Nico

#27 2005-09-26 21:03:12

Etz Haim
Plugin Author
Website

> Niconemo wrote:

> I see a “notitle” option (notitle: don’t show the article title in the breadcrumbs) but ther is no article title at all in my breadbrumb anyway… so I think something is going wrong.

Put <txp:etz_crumbs /> in an article form and it should work (in other words, RTFM).

> My frontpage breadcrumb shows this : “Home > default” What is this “default” ? How to get rid of it ?

What’s the point of using a crumbs menu in your frontpage? “Default” is the section name for the Textpattern frontpage. You cannot change its name or assign a title to it.

#28 2005-09-26 21:05:44

soulship
Website

@Niconeno
That’s strange. I had that issue a long time ago and had to use spc_alias back in the day to get rid of the “default” from crumbs and home page titling. Havent used this version will check it out now. I’m running 4.01. Let you know.

Jamie

#29 2005-09-27 06:34:08

Niconemo

> Etz Haim wrote:
> What’s the point of using a crumbs menu in your frontpage?

It’s in a global form… with standard txp breadcrumb nothing is displayed. But of course I could use a conditionnal to hide it.

> Etz Haim wrote:
Put <txp:etz_crumbs /> in an article form and it should work (in other words, RTFM).

Put <txp:etz_crumbs /> in your article form(s). Requires the stw_category_tree plugin.

OK, I see… I did RTFM but I must have read “page” instead of “form”… as it is not completely natural to me to put a breadcrumb in an article. ;-) (though I understand perfectly now why it must be so). Maybe “article form” shoud be bold in the “FM” too (if by chance I’m not the only one to fall in that trap I mean).

Thank you for the answer and the plugin.

Last edited by Niconemo (2005-09-27 06:36:28)

Nico

#30 2005-09-27 12:11:02

Etz Haim
Plugin Author
Website

To be honest, I’m using mine outside of the article form and inside a page template using some Textpattern trickery. I’m currently thinking of ways to make it work everywhere without requiring voodoo knowledge. ;) In the mean time, you can place your crumbs anywhere in your page using fixed CSS positioning.

Board footer