Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#37 2005-09-08 14:16:19

creativesplash
Website

Re: Textpattern 4.0.1 Released

That was faster than the speed of light :)

Well done Dean, Zem, Sencer, Kusor!

“Take a point, stretch it into a line, curl it into a circle, twist it into a sphere, and punch through the sphere.”

— Albert Einstein

#38 2005-09-11 06:55:22

levinnature
Website

I was in trouble w/your texdrive.com virtual server ( http://1904.jp ), maybe some privileges with publish.php/ or others that it & I could not handle ;), I had to undergrade back to rc5.
Also Japanese has some ‘mojibake’ on the administration titles http://www.koroli.com/images/Picture.png (clients dont like those)
But great work!

Developping multi-lingual web-solutions in Japan, and having good wines.

#39 2005-09-11 14:52:19

ubernostrum
Website

> Also Japanese has some ‘mojibake’ on the administration titles http://www.koroli.com/images/Picture.png (clients dont like those)

Looks like you need to update the language files.

You cooin’ with my bird?

#40 2005-09-11 18:09:35

levinnature
Website

the last update is
日本語 update
Aug 26, 10:46 AM
Aug 26, 05:46 PM

#41 2005-09-11 19:41:18

Sencer
Archived Developer
Website

Hi levinnature,

translations are done on a voluntary basis, we can’t always make sure that all translations are up to date. I don’t know what the status is with the japanese translation/translator. If you are interested in helping out, please email Dean or kusor with this. :)

#42 2005-09-11 20:06:13

zeroK
Website

One question for anyone in the know: I note that Dean mentions very basic 404 support. What does this mean? Will I now get a proper 404 error when a page can’t be found – eg www.mysite.com.au/thispagedoesnotexist ?

Yes, it seems so. Actually I’m currently trying to find my way around it ;)

#43 2005-09-11 23:31:43

levinnature
Website

Sensor, Dean & co > I would be happy to participate and share my ‘savoir’ for the interest of all. Let me how to?

#44 2005-09-15 12:40:57

Boby Dimitrov
Website

Is there a place to get a list of changed files (and what changed where) since 4.0, as my install is hacked here and there, so I’d like to update but not loose my hacks… phpBB guys post something similar when releasing minor updates.

#45 2005-09-15 19:28:05

ubernostrum
Website

Boby Dimitrov wrote:
> Is there a place to get a list of changed files (and what changed where) since 4.0, as
> my install is hacked here and there, so I’d like to update but not loose my hacks… phpBB
> guys post something similar when releasing minor updates.

You could always just use the diff views in the online subversion repository…

You cooin’ with my bird?

#46 2005-09-15 23:22:21

zem
Developer Emeritus

Files changed between 4.0 and 4.0.1:

$ svn diff --diff-cmd diff -x -q http://svn.textpattern.com/releases/4.0.0/source/ http://svn.textpattern.com/releases/4.0.1/source/ | grep Index

Index: textpattern/setup/txpsql.php
Index: textpattern/setup/setup-langs.php
Index: textpattern/setup/index.php
Index: textpattern/setup/en-gb.php
Index: textpattern/lang/en-gb.txt
Index: textpattern/update/_to_1.0.0.php
Index: textpattern/update/_to_4.0.1.php
Index: textpattern/update/_update.php
Index: textpattern/include/txp_form.php
Index: textpattern/include/txp_diag.php
Index: textpattern/include/txp_list.php
Index: textpattern/include/txp_page.php
Index: textpattern/include/txp_discuss.php
Index: textpattern/include/txp_article.php
Index: textpattern/include/import/import_b2.php
Index: textpattern/include/import/import_wp.php
Index: textpattern/lib/admin_config.php
Index: textpattern/lib/i18n-ascii.txt
Index: textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php
Index: textpattern/lib/class.thumb.php
Index: textpattern/lib/txplib_head.php
Index: textpattern/lib/classTextile.php
Index: textpattern/lib/txplib_update.php
Index: textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php
Index: textpattern/publish/taghandlers.php
Index: textpattern/publish/atom.php
Index: textpattern/publish/log.php
Index: textpattern/publish/comment.php
Index: textpattern/publish/search.php
Index: textpattern/publish/rss.php
Index: textpattern/textpattern.css
Index: textpattern/publish.php
Index: textpattern/index.php
Index: textpattern/css.php
Index: .htaccess
Index: README
Index: index.php

Expect a similar story with 4.0.2, 4.0.3, etc. This is why we recommend writing plugins instead of hacking the source.

If you must alter the source, I’d suggest using subversion. It’ll help you find and merge changes.

Alex

#47 2005-09-16 10:27:43

Boby Dimitrov
Website

Thanks zem!

I wouldn’t hack the source if TXP didn’t requested it to set several things up properly. Most of the questions I posted were answered by “well you’ll have to hack your way through for now”…

Also, I download TXP on my windows, edit stuff and upload it on my unix hosting (no shell access). How can I use subversion in that setup?

Anyway, I’ll try to update the needed files.

#48 2005-09-16 12:39:11

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

What you will be able to do Boby is keep your own version of the repository on your PC/Mac. If you use an application such as TortoiseSVN you can create a new folder/directory and connect to the TXP repository and obtain the latest revision. If you have already done a few hacks you can then use the built-in Diff/Merge to compare the new file to your hacked one so that you can merge them together. This may be the most work you need to do but once set up there are advantages. First of all the files in your folder will be over-layed with either a green “tick” or red “cross” icon. A tick means that the file is as per the original, a cross means that it has been modified, so you can see at a glance which files you have hacked. When you connect to TXP again to download the latest revision you will get a list, which you need to write down, of the new files. You only get those files which have been changed since your last download and you only need to upload those files to your site. As Tortoise downloads the files it checks them against what you currently have and if you have hacked a particular file it will try to merge your modifications with the new file. It will tell you if this is successful. If it can’t merge them it gives you a warning and you will end up with both a copy of your current file and a copy of the new one. You will then have to use Tortoise’s Merge application to merge the files yourself manually. This is very simple as you will see both files on-screen side-by-side and the differences between the two are highlighted. Once you have merged them you can then upload to your site. Tortoise also keeps a log so that you can see all the revisions you have downloaded and which files were modified in each revision. And if you have any problems with a particular revision, maybe a bug or something, a click of a button will allow you to revert back to a revision that you know works. It’s very nice stuff really. Well recommended. I hope I explained all that clearly. :)

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

Board footer