Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2005-09-03 10:59:31

Skubidu
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Re: reverse textile

Is there still anybody working on this? I would love to have the possibility to convert HTML to Textile…

#14 2006-08-19 02:55:07

jdykast
Website

Re: reverse textile

I ran into an instance where something like this would be helpful. Anyone know of anything happening?

Edit:

I messed around with it for a bit and found that you don’t need to remove the html and body tags after having a string converted — reverseTextile should take care of that for you. Concerning the truncation that was taking place I think that reverseTextile is looking for the first tag it finds after <html><body> and doesn’t begin “reversing” until then. I just need to use this for snippets rather than entire pages so I added the <html><body> tags that doubleonegative mentioned and then a <p>. So my string to convert code looks like: $string = '<html><body><p>'.$string.'</p></body></html>';.

Also, doubleonegative mentioned that reverseTextile wasn’t adding the spaces after * and # in list items. You can fix this by adding a space after them in the code at lines 279 and 287.

I’m still curious to see if there are other ways of reversing Textile whether it be for snippets of code or for entire pages.

Last edited by jdykast (2006-08-19 03:24:10)

Board footer