Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#49 2005-08-10 17:30:51

lee

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] rss_suparchive_bycat - related articles by category

Thanks, I’ll have a go at changing the code. Your e-commerce sites sound very interesting, look forward to seeing what you’ve done.

#50 2005-08-14 00:34:56

ookpik

With the latest txp release, the “category names” are more like IDs or URLs (e.g., “editor8217s-tips”) instead of category titles (e.g., “Editor’s tips”).

It’s really a drag to get a list of hyphenated crap using this plugin (which I use a lot and really appreciate. Kiss kiss, much thanks, etc!).

Any hints? Thanks!

#51 2005-08-14 01:46:00

pear-i
Website

hms i just installed the latest version of the rss_superarchive (from the site)
and the display works.. but links seem to go nowhere (category goes to default) and article just goes to refresh.
<code> <txp:rss_suparchive_bycat section=“writing” showdate=“1”/> </code>

i’m getting the errors
Notice: Undefined index: excerpt in /home/osimile/public_html/pearbox/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(429) : eval()’d code on line 399
Notice: Undefined variable: cnt in /home/osimile/public_html/pearbox/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(429) : eval()’d code on line 421

is it a syntax error… or version compatability issue? or just cause i’m in debug mode?

thanks.

Last edited by pear-i (2005-08-14 02:02:29)

#52 2005-08-14 02:02:35

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

It’s because you are in debug mode. These aren’t errors they are notices and need cause you no worry. Anything like this that references “txplib_misc.php” at around line 429 is prompted by a plug-in. You should change to “live” or “testing” and they will disappear (he says crossing his fingers). :)

Edit – I’ve also sorted out his problems with the tag and it’s usage.

Last edited by thebombsite (2005-08-15 15:04:17)

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

#53 2005-08-14 05:44:51

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

Thanks as usual Stuart.

As 1.0 is released, this is one of the first plugins I’ll be updating to get rid of those pesky warnings and to use the new category titles instead of names.

Last edited by wilshire (2005-08-14 05:45:18)

#54 2005-08-25 05:30:36

blumie607
Website

Also, could you add an option for category clean urls? (basically without the ?c= stuff)

bludrop studios .::. Creative Expression

#55 2005-09-11 02:09:19

arkham
Website

I just started using this plugin for the first time.

If anyone’s still looking to use category titles instead of names you can easily edit the plugin to do such.

Just change:

<code> if ($showcatsonly && !$form) { $out[] = ($showcats) ? ‘<li><a href=”’.hu.$linktosection.’?c=’.urlencode($catname).’” title=“View all articles filed under ‘.$catname.’”>’.$catname.’</a>’.$catcnt.’</li>’.n : ‘’; } else { $out[] = ($showcats) ? ‘<div id=“c_’.stripSpace($catname).’” class=“rssCcat”><a href=”’.hu.$linktosection.’?c=’.urlencode($catname).’” title=“View all articles filed under ‘.$catname.’”>’.$catname.’</a>’.$catcnt.’</div>’.n : ‘’; }
</code>

to:

<code> if ($showcatsonly && !$form) { $out[] = ($showcats) ? ‘<li><a href=”’.hu.$linktosection.’?c=’.urlencode($catname).’” title=“View all articles filed under ‘.$catname.’”>’.fetch_category_title($catname).’</a>’.$catcnt.’</li>’.n : ‘’; } else { $out[] = ($showcats) ? ‘<div id=“c_’.stripSpace($catname).’” class=“rssCcat”><a href=”’.hu.$linktosection.’?c=’.urlencode($catname).’” title=“View all articles filed under ‘.$catname.’”>’.fetch_category_title($catname).’</a>’.$catcnt.’</div>’.n : ‘’; }
</code>

or put simply in this one piece of code which displays the links, fetch_category_title($catname) replaces $catname

#56 2005-09-23 09:36:16

robiw

Just started using txp and installed rss_suparchive plugin. Using most recent version release of TXP.

All seems to work ie displays proper content but on the bycat option it seems to break the layout with the right col appearing under the returned content.

Played around with css with two different template layouts but to no avail. Take out the bycat code and page is ok.

Checked on Wilshire website for info and it appears to be happening there as well when displaying categories; the right had column is pushed below content. Don’t know enough about plugins to check anything in there as it could relate to an end div or similar in the category plugin code.

Searched forum but can’t find any ref or fix. Thought it might be a browser problem but happens in Mozilla as well as IE.

#57 2005-10-26 23:28:42

-rr-

I want to make a list of articles sorted by category limited to the current section, like so:

Category A<br>
- link to article 1<br>
- link to article 2<br>
- link to article 3<br>
- etc.<br>
Category B<br>
- link to article 4<br>
- link to article 5<br>
- link to article 6<br>
- etc.<br>
Category C<br>
- link to article 7<br>
- link to article 8<br>
- link to article 9<br>
- etc.<br>

I’ve tried cbs_category_list, fh_category_list, stw_category_tree and rss_suparchive_bycat. Maybe I’ve missed something but only suparchive_bycat seems to make a list like this, but why-o-why can’t it limit to the current section without using the section attribute to specify the visible section.

This kind of menu would be most useful. It’s got to be possible but how without creating individual code for each section?

Last edited by -rr- (2005-10-26 23:29:22)

#58 2005-10-26 23:33:28

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

This would be possible with a small change to the plugin code. On about the 4th line of the rss_suparchive_bycat function you’ll see:

<code>$section = isset($section) ? $section : “”;</code>

Just change that to:

<code>$section = isset($section) ? $section : $s;</code>

That will automatically use the current section to filter the list.

Last edited by wilshire (2005-10-26 23:33:41)

#59 2005-10-27 13:56:04

-rr-

Tried that before but changed the wrong line. Thanks.

Looks like it works just as I wanted, except that I can’t make timeframe=“ALL” show future articles or useartcat1=“1” list articles by cagegory 1 only. Now it lists articles by both categories. Adding useartcat2=“0” results in both cat1 and cat2 showing up, useartcat1=“1” shows only a few articles, not all. ??? Something I don’t get?

#60 2005-10-29 22:12:30

squaredeye
Website

Has anyone tried to use this with upm_category_image?

I would like to list my category images using
<code>
<txp:upm_category_image_list break=“li” wraptag=“ul” link_section=“yes” class=“category” show=“all” />
</code>

Got that. How do I have those link to all the articles (cross-section) in the site for category “audio” for instance?

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Matthew

Last edited by ma_smith (2005-10-29 22:19:17)

Board footer