1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » [archived] bsl_audioscrobbler

#61 2005-04-12 20:24:00

ruairi
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Re: [archived] bsl_audioscrobbler

Another quick update. I’ve incorporated the fix described above. And bsl_audioscrobbler has a new attribute: preventcaching, which adds a parameter to the request to the audioscrobbler server to prevent caching of the response. I have a feeling that preventcaching should be used with restraint (ie only when your audioscrobbler feed doesn’t update, which is what was happening on my home connection).

bsl_audioscrobbler-0.8.1

#62 2005-05-11 19:42:37

The Safety Inspector
Website

Everytime I try to use any version of this plugin I get the following:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: curl_init() in /home/hearth/public_html/textpattern/publish.php(767) : eval()’d code on line 374

I am using RC1.

No cache, just trying to start out with a really basic working installation.

Any ideas? Thanks.

#63 2005-05-12 10:56:25

ruairi
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Hi,

I had the same problem on a windows box. I hadn’t activated the CURL extension. Open your php.ini file and change the following line:

;extension=php_curl.dll

to

extension=php_curl.dll

restart Apache and your problem should be fixed.

#64 2005-05-15 07:13:51

lex

All mine ever says is “not listening to music” :(

With an Apple, everything is either easy or impossible. – Unknown

#65 2005-06-22 19:17:50

paularms
Website

Mine does not return authors using <code><txp:author /></code> as described in the documentation

#66 2005-06-25 17:08:44

paularms
Website

Eh… forget that last post…

I have a feature request for this…
Instead of returning the notlisteningmessage, I wish there was a “not listening image” or were able to output a different form if there was no music playing.

#67 2005-06-29 21:04:52

RSL
Website

Okay, I’ve searched everywhere for the reason why paularms retracted his post about the authors tag not working. I can’t get it to work either. What did you do that made it work? I’ve tried changing the form to all kinds of types. It should be on article though, right?

#68 2005-06-29 22:02:58

paularms
Website

Try this, see if it helps (change your username and cache options)

Here is the call from the page template:
<code><txp:rmc_audioscrobbler username=“USERNAME” cachepath=“as_cache” cacheage=“1” limit=“10” form=“audio_center” notlisteningmessage=“Either Audioscrobbler is sucking or I’m not listening to music right now.” notworkingmessage=“Audioscrobbler is sucking at the moment. Please refresh the page.” /></code>

This is my form (type = misc)
<code><li><txp:as_link><txp:author /> – <txp:title /></txp:as_link></li></code>

Last edited by paularms (2005-06-29 22:03:52)

#69 2005-06-30 16:32:24

RSL
Website

Still nothing. Are you using the other audioscrobbler plugin?

#70 2005-07-03 01:13:24

ruairi
Archived Plugin Author
Website

RSL: paularms is using my other audioscrobbler plugin. I’ve just noticed a bug in the documentation, where is says that txp:link should be used you should use txp:permlink instead. My bad, sorry. Try using this:

In your page template:

<ul>
<txp:bsl_audioscrobbler username="USERNAME" form="audioscrobbler" cachepath="./as_cache" />
</ul>

And your audioscrobbler form:

<li><txp:permlink><txp:title /> by <txp:author /></txp:permlink></li>

Paul: your wish is my command :p I’ve updated both audioscrobbler plugins, they now both support the attributes notlisteningform and notworkingform. You can get them from my website

Last edited by ruairi (2005-07-03 01:15:38)

#71 2005-07-03 16:52:08

paularms
Website

Is there some kind of trick to get the forms to work with the bsl_audioscrobbler plugin? Because they are definitely not working for me and just returning the default notworkingmessage/notlisteningmessage.

Is one audioscrobbler plugin better than the other? I’m confused as to why you are still keeping up with two plugins that sound like they do the same thing.

#72 2005-07-03 21:36:20

ruairi
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Paul,

If you’re having problems with the rmc_audioscrobbler plugin, here’s why: I uploaded the file before I’d actually finished updateing it completely, please download and install it again (it’s what happens at 3am after a beer or two). Also, I’m a bit confused on which plugin you’re using in one post you seem to be using one plugin and in the next the other. I’ve doublechecked the bsl_audioscrobbler plugin and everything seems alright.

I wasn’t really planning on maintaining bsl_audioscrobbler, but as I’d made a mistake documenting a tag and the modification was only adding 4 lines of code I updated it as well.
rmc_audioscrobbler is the better of the two, even though the CD covers don’t always correspond to the song that was played, at least it shows some kind of image. Apart from that, rmc_audioscrobbler code is a bit cleaner and it’s easier to add features to cleaner code ;)

1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » [archived] bsl_audioscrobbler

Board footer