Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#49 2005-06-01 21:04:57

tinyfly
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] rss_live_archive

I also have weird stuff going on. I renamed the title of one of my articles which was in the month of June (which has only that one article). Now when I go to the archives initially the year shows up and the above june article shows up but the month name “June” does not show up. The only way I can get the June article to show up is to refresh the archive page.

I don’t know if the plugin code is dependent on the article title for its magic but it should use URL-only title in the code but display the article title in the list.

Update: deleting the .dat files fixed it

Last edited by tinyfly (2005-06-01 21:07:44)

#50 2005-06-01 22:09:55

terrence
Website

Hmm, I’m having oddities going on as well. I initially had the plugin working completely, but when I published an article today (not in the default article section) the live archives disappeared. The code I am using is this:

< txp:rss_live_archive showcommentscount=“0” >
< txp:rss_suparchive showcats=“1” showsubdate=“1” dateformat=“F Y” limit=“400” / >
< /txp:rss_live_archive >

When it was working I was using /tmp as my file upload directory. When it stopped working, I changed it to the absolute path of my files directory, and I can now see all the .dat files in there. Still no live archives. Just a loading message and then nothing.

I’ve tried removing the .dat files and resaving an article/new comments. Link to my archives page: http://wombatsignals.ca/archives/

edit: it seems if I delete the latest article that’s not in the article section, the live archives pops back again. Is there a problem with showing live archives of one section while having the last posted article not be in that section?

Last edited by terrence (2005-06-01 23:15:08)

#51 2005-06-02 00:54:02

pyn
Website

mine works now weirdly cause it’s the second…

and no articles posted on the first show up :\

//edit

found out 6/1 articles are in may…

Last edited by pyn (2005-06-02 00:54:30)

Patrick Yan

#52 2005-06-02 04:54:27

ss

3) The subdate is set to show before the article title. If you are seeing an overlap, its merely a CSS float problem. The default styles were not designed to handle the subdate.

ahaa, thanks. i’ve fixed my css.

;-)

#53 2005-06-02 13:09:30

flashlight

Hi – I’m having trouble too. I’m getting no output at all, although the source shows the rss_superarchive html. Even using ?larch=1 still gives me nothing. The cache is working. The plugin is turned on.

I’m calling the plugin like this:

< txp:rss_live_archive >
< txp:rss_suparchive dateformat=“F Y” showcats=“1” catstart=“In:” showsubdate=“1” class=“aa” limit=”“ / >
< /txp:rss_live_archive >

the url is http://www.peterflaschner.com/archive/

Any help would be extremely grateful! Thanks

#54 2005-06-02 13:40:03

tinyfly
Website

flashlight: It looks like your main navigation links on your archive page all point to /archives/sectionname make sure your paths are setup right it might be trying to pull articles from /archives/?s=whatever.

Could it be that it conflicts with some of the other javascript you have on the page?

Last edited by tinyfly (2005-06-02 13:45:59)

#55 2005-06-02 13:43:54

flashlight

Hi tinyfly – that might just be it. I’ll try taking out the other scripts one at a time to see if that fixes things. Thanks!

I’ve pulled the plugin for the day, and will play with it again tonight. Thanks

#56 2005-06-02 13:46:31

tinyfly
Website

See the update above about the paths

#57 2005-06-02 16:34:49

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

I’ll have to answer these 1 at a time and I might not get to everything yet but…

Terrence – you seem to have found a bug that I can actually see. There does seem to be a problem related to updating posting a new article to a section that you’re not showing in the live archive.

Everyone – 1 more thing to add if you’re having a problem. Have you turned on auto recaching on the extensions -> live archive tab and if so do your sections and categories match the ones you’re specifying in the plugin call?

Some more general notes:

You should always turn the auto recaching on. Its off by default because you have to set sections and categories correctly for it to work. I know this isn’t ideal because you have to set the same thing in the plugin call and on the admin tab but that surely can be changed to work a bit better in the future.

The biggest problems I see now are the magically disappearing years and an incompatibility with messy URLs. If anyone who is having the missing years problem is able to help me track it down over AIM chat please send me an email.

#58 2005-06-02 17:17:09

flashlight

Update.

I’ve got a test page set up here

The js shows the Loading Article Archives message, but disappears after a second. The alternate content is not being displayed. I think I’ve done everything properly, but clearly something isn’t working.

I’ve disabled all the other scripts on the page, the cache is working… Any ideas?

#59 2005-06-02 18:07:42

stevechamp

Almost Cool – This sems to be the same bug a few of us have been having, although this uses clean urls, so perhaps messy url is not the problem.

I too have disabled all other .js & the cache works for me, just the same hang on loading articles

#60 2005-06-02 21:31:07

andrea
Website

hmm, i had this plugin working great last night and this morning i wake up and the years are gone. i’ve deleted the .dat files and created new ones by publishing a post again and there are new .dat files – covering all the years, not just 2005, but still nothing shows. i’m going to try going back to 0.4 and see if that works..

update: nope, that didn’t do a thing for me. i’m going back to 0.5. this is an awesome plugin, i hope this one part can get fixed!
also, if i go to the “../past/?larch=1&” page on my site, i don’t see the other years either – so maybe it’s not the javascript but something else?

another update: and now, three hours later, the years are appearing again – though i didn’t do a thing after re-installing 0.5. and of course right after installing it the years weren’t showing up. hm.

Last edited by andrea (2005-06-03 00:16:29)

Board footer