Textpattern Forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#51 2005-02-22 00:07:32

leeopold
Website

Re: [Archived] stw_category_tree

Thanks for adding the count feature! No bugs— works like a charm.

#52 2005-03-10 20:15:19

flowb33

I’m getting the wrong url in the category list output.

Test site here

My Site URL ( in Admin > Preferences) is set to cac.pnca.edu/txp

Yet the bulleted links this plugin outputs (collections, facilities, history) chop off the /txp in their href.

I’m using the code like this:
<pre>
<txp:stw_category_tree start=“about” css_id=“subcats” />
</pre>

Anyone have any thoughts? Something easy I’m missing?

Thanks.

UPDATE: Fixed it on the database level by changing “path_to_root” in the txp_prefs table. No way to do this in the admin GUI, though.

Last edited by flowb33 (2005-03-10 23:16:12)

#53 2005-03-18 18:23:55

aesop1
Plugin Author

Anybody figure out a way to change the display order of the categories under a given section?

#54 2005-03-18 22:08:58

jonhicks
Website

Hey Sandor, it was great to meet you (albeit briefly) at SXSW. Thanks again for this plugin!

Cheers,
Jon VC#9

#55 2005-04-07 05:19:05

Freigeist
Website

I am using the latest RC3 Version of Textpattern and installed the plugin stw_category_tree 0.5 so far so good but i can’t get it work or do his job to put out the list of link with each category

I have 3 categories and each with 1 or 2 links just to see what happen

Category 1 Link 1

Category 2 Link A LInk B

and so on..

And this should be the way of the output, or not?

So i am using it the following way

<txp:stw_category_tree prune=true />

but there is no output and no error at all?

Any idear why it isn’t working?

#56 2005-04-22 09:44:53

kemie
Plugin Author
Website

A little bump to ask if it is possible to get this working with clean urls, so my outputted list will point to /section/category instead of section/?c=category

~~~~~~~~~~~~~| monolinea.com | pixilate.com | istockphoto.com/kemie |~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#57 2005-05-07 19:20:07

soulship
Website

Does this allow for an active class? I have been trying fruitlessly to get it to work and would love some insight if someone has this working.

Thanks!

Last edited by soulship (2005-05-07 19:20:28)

#58 2005-05-15 13:20:37

Martagnan
Website

First off a great big thanks to Santheo for a timely plugin that might have just saved my ass! So far it does exactly what I need! I aplogise in advance but this question is (possibly) not about the plugin.

Currently when I select the “Air Filters” parent category I get a whole list of ALL articles in ALL it’s child categories. I would only like to see an article list once I have selected a child category, then I would see articles belonging only to that child.

Thanks for any help

#59 2005-05-15 22:38:05

Etz Haim
Plugin Author
Website

santheo, this is an excellent plugin. In fact, thanks to it etz_crumbs can support nested cattegories. The only thing I wish it had is the ability to display section and category titles instead of their names. Can you do it please?

#60 2005-05-18 15:07:53

santheo
Plugin Author
Website

Sorry for the long absence from this thread. I don’t get as much time to work on this as I’d like. I’m glad to hear many people are getting such great uses out of it.

aesop1 wrote:
Anybody figure out a way to change the display order of the categories under a given section?

Aesop: I don’t think that’s possible. I think the categories are automatically sorted alphabetically. If anyone knows differently, please speak up.

Freigeist wrote:
I am using the latest RC3 Version of Textpattern and installed the plugin stw_category_tree 0.5 so far so good but i can’t get it work or do his job to put out the list of link with each category

I think what you’re asking is for the links to be written out as well as the category names. This is not what the plug-in does. stw_category_tree is designed to just to output the hierarchical list of categories.

Freigeist wrote:
<code><txp:stw_category_tree prune=true /></code>
but there is no output and no error at all?

First of all, you must enclose your property values in quotes. So it should be prune=“true”.

Secondly, to display the link categories, and not the article categories, you need to add the property <code>type</code> and set its value to “link”.

kemie wrote:
A little bump to ask if it is possible to get this working with clean urls, so my outputted list will point to /section/category instead of section/?c=category

I’m looking into it.

soulship wrote:
Does this allow for an active class? I have been trying fruitlessly to get it to work and would love some insight if someone has this working.

It does allow for an active class. It’s the property <code>onclass</code>. From the documentation:

[Set onclass to the] value you’d like assigned to the class property of the current cateogry and all of its ancestors. Note: if this is assigned to anything other than an empty string, <code>id</code> attributes will also be assigned to all li tags, with the value set to that li’s category. If unassigned, no class or id attributes will be assigned.

Re-reading that now, I can see how that text can be a little confusing. Let me know if you think I should tweak it to read a little clearer.

Board footer