santheo
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Re: [Archived] stw_category_tree

arakune said:
> I’m using category_tree to display a particular branch of my category tree,
> and am wondering if its possible to have a parent category link to an index
> of all of its children categories.

I imagine that this is possible, though not with this plug-in. stw_category_tree is used only to output the hierarchy of categories, and not to actually display the articles. For this kind of trick, you’ll need to search for some custom article output tags.

dbulli said:
> Maybe a future version can have a parameter for clean=

#50 2005-02-20 23:59:43

santheo
Archived Plugin Author
Website

leeopold said:
> Is there a quick and easy way to get a count of the aricles in each
> category listed?

There is now! I just updated the plug-in (v. 0.5) to support a <code>count</code> property. See the documentation bundled with the plug-in (or view the revised first post) for an explanation of how it works. Please let me (or the thread) know if you see any bugs.

Benvolio said:
> this is a great help this plugin… is there a similar one for link categories?

With the new update, I’ve added the support for listing link and image categories. See the documentation in the plug-in or in the first post for an explanation. All the thanks for this feature goes to <a href=“http://santheo/intranet/textpattern/tonda@kaf.cz”>Pin007</a> who implemented on his own and sent me the code.

supa said:
> I’d like to refer you to the last couple posts in this thread. I think there’s a
> bug in stw_category_tree?

Well I’ll be. That’s one I never would have caught on my own. Thanks for the catch, the fix, and for letting me know. The new version includes the fix.

#51 2005-02-22 00:07:32

leeopold
Website

Thanks for adding the count feature! No bugs— works like a charm.

#52 2005-03-10 20:15:19

flowb33

I’m getting the wrong url in the category list output.

Test site here

My Site URL ( in Admin > Preferences) is set to cac.pnca.edu/txp

Yet the bulleted links this plugin outputs (collections, facilities, history) chop off the /txp in their href.

I’m using the code like this:
<pre>
<txp:stw_category_tree start=“about” css_id=“subcats” />
</pre>

Anyone have any thoughts? Something easy I’m missing?

Thanks.

UPDATE: Fixed it on the database level by changing “path_to_root” in the txp_prefs table. No way to do this in the admin GUI, though.

Last edited by flowb33 (2005-03-10 23:16:12)

#53 2005-03-18 18:23:55

aesop1
Archived Plugin Author

Anybody figure out a way to change the display order of the categories under a given section?

#54 2005-03-18 22:08:58

jonhicks
Website

Hey Sandor, it was great to meet you (albeit briefly) at SXSW. Thanks again for this plugin!

Cheers,
Jon VC#9

#55 2005-04-07 05:19:05

Freigeist
Website

I am using the latest RC3 Version of Textpattern and installed the plugin stw_category_tree 0.5 so far so good but i can’t get it work or do his job to put out the list of link with each category

I have 3 categories and each with 1 or 2 links just to see what happen

Category 1 Link 1

Category 2 Link A LInk B

and so on..

And this should be the way of the output, or not?

So i am using it the following way

<txp:stw_category_tree prune=true />

but there is no output and no error at all?

Any idear why it isn’t working?

#56 2005-04-22 09:44:53

kemie
Plugin Author
Website

A little bump to ask if it is possible to get this working with clean urls, so my outputted list will point to /section/category instead of section/?c=category

~~~~~~~~~~~~~| monolinea.com | pixilate.com | istockphoto.com/kemie |~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#57 2005-05-07 19:20:07

soulship
Website

Does this allow for an active class? I have been trying fruitlessly to get it to work and would love some insight if someone has this working.

Thanks!

Last edited by soulship (2005-05-07 19:20:28)

#58 2005-05-15 13:20:37

Martagnan
Website

First off a great big thanks to Santheo for a timely plugin that might have just saved my ass! So far it does exactly what I need! I aplogise in advance but this question is (possibly) not about the plugin.

Currently when I select the “Air Filters” parent category I get a whole list of ALL articles in ALL it’s child categories. I would only like to see an article list once I have selected a child category, then I would see articles belonging only to that child.

Thanks for any help

#59 2005-05-15 22:38:05

Etz Haim
Archived Plugin Author
Website

santheo, this is an excellent plugin. In fact, thanks to it etz_crumbs can support nested cattegories. The only thing I wish it had is the ability to display section and category titles instead of their names. Can you do it please?

#60 2005-05-18 15:07:53

santheo
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Sorry for the long absence from this thread. I don’t get as much time to work on this as I’d like. I’m glad to hear many people are getting such great uses out of it.

aesop1 wrote:
Anybody figure out a way to change the display order of the categories under a given section?

Aesop: I don’t think that’s possible. I think the categories are automatically sorted alphabetically. If anyone knows differently, please speak up.

Freigeist wrote:
I am using the latest RC3 Version of Textpattern and installed the plugin stw_category_tree 0.5 so far so good but i can’t get it work or do his job to put out the list of link with each category

I think what you’re asking is for the links to be written out as well as the category names. This is not what the plug-in does. stw_category_tree is designed to just to output the hierarchical list of categories.

Freigeist wrote:
<code><txp:stw_category_tree prune=true /></code>
but there is no output and no error at all?

First of all, you must enclose your property values in quotes. So it should be prune=“true”.

Secondly, to display the link categories, and not the article categories, you need to add the property <code>type</code> and set its value to “link”.

kemie wrote:
A little bump to ask if it is possible to get this working with clean urls, so my outputted list will point to /section/category instead of section/?c=category

I’m looking into it.

soulship wrote:
Does this allow for an active class? I have been trying fruitlessly to get it to work and would love some insight if someone has this working.

It does allow for an active class. It’s the property <code>onclass</code>. From the documentation:

[Set onclass to the] value you’d like assigned to the class property of the current cateogry and all of its ancestors. Note: if this is assigned to anything other than an empty string, <code>id</code> attributes will also be assigned to all li tags, with the value set to that li’s category. If unassigned, no class or id attributes will be assigned.

Re-reading that now, I can see how that text can be a little confusing. Let me know if you think I should tweak it to read a little clearer.

Board footer