Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2004-12-11 22:56:58

jennycheuk
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] rss_thumbpop - Thumbnail Image Gallery w/ popups

Thanks a lot, Vitruvius & ChrisJ, I will try the codes out :)

#14 2004-12-12 17:52:02

ddsoul
Website

Thanks for the plugin, it works wonders for my gallery now. 1 question, is there a way to show the images ordered backwards?

Right now it sticks the newest uploaded image to the bottom, I’d like to see a feature where it could reverse the order so the newer pictures are at the top left… any ideas? thanks in advance.

#15 2004-12-21 14:51:19

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

As of now the ordering can’t be changed but if you want in the meantime you can just add an order by clause to the SQL. I don’t know how comfortable you are with PHP or SQL but it would be pretty easy to add one.

Just find the line that reads
<code>
$results = safe_rows(‘*’, ‘txp_image’, $categories);
</code>

The third param is the where clause to the image retrieval query. Just append what you want to the $categories var and you’ll be all set.

You’ll have to add the same to the other SQL ~15 lines down if you’re using paging.

#16 2004-12-24 07:46:16

ddsoul
Website

> wilshire wrote:

> As of now the ordering can’t be changed but if you want in the meantime you can just add an order by clause to the SQL. I don’t know how comfortable you are with PHP or SQL but it would be pretty easy to add one.

Just find the line that reads
<code>
$results = safe_rows(‘*’, ‘txp_image’, $categories);
</code>

The third param is the where clause to the image retrieval query. Just append what you want to the $categories var and you’ll be all set.

You’ll have to add the same to the other SQL ~15 lines down if you’re using paging.

——————

Thanks, I got it to work! …. after who knows how long trying to refresh my mind to think back in sql. It was actually pretty easy!

Last edited by ddsoul (2004-12-24 07:46:37)

#17 2005-01-10 13:09:40

Matt
Website

This is a great tool. Would it be possible to enhance it so that it automatically pulls images from an article-specific category, along the lines of the jmr_gallery plugin ? If so, it could be used in an article form, and if the article had no associated images (images where category = “article-x” for article with id=“x”), the plugin would return nothing.

#18 2005-01-10 13:24:10

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

Nice idea Matt. I’ll play around with it. Shouldn’t be too difficult to add.

#19 2005-01-10 21:17:52

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

The download is now at version 0.3 which includes automatic association of a gallery with the current article as in the jmr_gallery plugin.

By default the plugin will work as it always has. Just set articlethumbs=“1” to turn on galleries by article.

Details

Download rss_thumbpop

Last edited by wilshire (2005-01-10 21:20:46)

#20 2005-01-10 21:20:44

Matt
Website

wow. you’re fast.

I can’t wait to try it out.

#21 2005-01-10 21:22:43

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

Like I said, not a big deal to add. Plus I had all my time for the day slated for upgrading to 1.0 Final :(

#22 2005-01-11 23:10:42

theturninggate
Website

wilshire, fantastic plugin. I love it. I’m wondering, though, would it be possible to add a “sorting” option so that thumbnails could be ordered in the gallery according to original filename, date uploaded (ascending or descending), textpattern filename (when they’re renamed to #.jpg) or by some other way.

For example, in the thumbnail gallery it would be nice if more recent images appeared at the top of the gallery.

What do you thinK?

#23 2005-01-20 21:57:44

jbrew
Website

Wow. This plug-in is sweet. Nice work.

One question: Is it possible to have the image caption info display in the pop up and not on the thumbnail page? If there is a way to hack this it would be a total answer to something I am dealing with on a current project.

Thanks.

To even the least of these…

#24 2005-01-20 22:56:41

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

jbrew – The popups are not technically done by this plugin. I just call the dca_pop plugin. That plugin shows just the image, not an actual page. You would have to changes the plugin to show a page. If you want to do it quick and dirty, you could create a php script that shows the image and caption and then change the plugin to show that instead of just the image.

thturninggate – Sorry, never noticed your question. Sure it would be possible at some point. If you want to try to change the plugin yourself you could just add your own ORDER BY clause to the sql in the plugin.

Board footer