Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2017-01-31 10:03:40

Destry
Website

SSL with certbot on Gandi

Has any Mac user here successfully setup SSL on Gandi using certbot and Gandi’s Let’s Encrypt plugin? Doc

Basically I’m stuck just in the “Installation” section of those docs, not even creating the certificates yet. Gandi’s docs are as bad as their admin panels, terrible UX.

I can clone the certbot repo, and clone Gandi’s letsencrypt plugin repo, but I don’t understand their documentation one iota after that in this section.

I don’t even want to try and interpret their lousy docs, and I’ll just tell the client to buy SSL with Gandi otherwise, but I’m just wondering if anyone else has done it and can give a simple 1-2-3… list of steps?

Also, if I try to run certbot, as it says at the end of that install section, using ./certbot-auto, I get this:

FATAL: macOS support is very experimental at present...
if you would like to work on improving it, please ensure you have backups
and then run this script again with the --debug flag!

Uh, no.

#2 2017-01-31 15:13:59

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

Re: SSL with certbot on Gandi

Perhaps investigate this route instead? Each time I set up LE on a server, it’s usually done on the server itself so the renewal works, rather than from a client and manually uploading etc. Is the ssh route viable?

#3 2017-01-31 17:21:10

Destry
Website

Re: SSL with certbot on Gandi

gaekwad wrote #303763:

Perhaps investigate this route instead?

He has a “Simple Hosting” instance, which is the first option on that page you link. And the link under that, of course, takes you to the GitHub instructions for the plugin I linked earlier.

He does have ssh, but it needs to be separately activated…. one Gandi hoop after another.

Anyway, I was just looking at their certs page. A standard cert is only €12/yr, and doesn’t need renewed every 3 months. That’s a lot cheaper and less headache than him paying me for my frustration, so I’m advising him to go that route.

Board footer