Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2017-01-18 01:00:51

wolfcry911

recent errors with no change in the back-end

I’m now encountering errors on a site I created awhile back – dclatham.com
There’s been no change on the backend even though diagnostics show two files have been modified, they haven’t and still show the original modification date in 2011. Please help!!

The errors (on one page) are:

Strict Standards: Non-static method timezone::is_dst() should not be called statically in /home/dclatham/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php on line 2545

Strict Standards: Non-static method timezone::is_supported() should not be called statically in /home/dclatham/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php on line 2713

When I log into the admin area there are far more, but similar, errors. And everytime I change tabs I’m booted off and have to login again. I can’t get a high detailed diagnostic (I get logged off trying), but here’s the low level:

Textpattern version: 4.4.0 (r3514)
Last Update: 2011-03-31 19:58:17/2011-04-19 21:00:23
Document root: /home/dclatham/public_html
$path_to_site: /home/dclatham/public_html
Textpattern path: /home/dclatham/public_html/textpattern
Permanent link mode: section_title
Temporary directory path: /home/dclatham/tmp
Site URL: www.dclatham.com
PHP version: 5.4.45
GD Image Library: version bundled (2.1.0 compatible), supported formats: GIF, JPG, PNG
Server TZ: America/Detroit
Server Local Time: 2017-01-17 19:51:38
DST enabled?: 0
Automatically adjust DST setting?: 1
Time Zone: America/New_York (-18000)
MySQL: 5.5.54-MariaDB
Locale: en_US.UTF-8
Server: Apache
PHP Server API: cgi-fcgi
RFC 2616 headers: 0
Server OS: Linux 2.6.32-642.6.1.el6.x86_64
Active plugins: cbs_navigation_menu-0.4, pap_contact_cleaner-0.1m, zem_contact_reborn-4.0.3.20, zem_contact_lang-4.0.3.6, smd_random_banner-0.42m, rah_sitemap-1.2, smd_lib-0.36
Admin-side theme: din 4.4.0

Pre-flight check:
————————————
Some Textpattern files have been modified: /home/dclatham/public_html/textpattern/lib/admin_config.php, /home/dclatham/public_html/textpattern/lib/classTextile.php
clean_url_data_failed: <br />
————————————

.htaccess file contents: ————————————
  1. AddType application/x-httpd-php53 .php
    #DirectoryIndex index.php index.html

#Options +FollowSymLinks
#Options -Indexes
#ErrorDocument 403 default

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c> RewriteEngine On #RewriteBase /relative/web/path/

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.dclatham\.com$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.dclatham.com/$1 [R=301,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d RewriteRule ^(.+) – [PT,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !=/favicon.ico RewriteRule ^(.*) index.php

RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization} !^$ RewriteRule .* – [E=REMOTE_USER:%{HTTP:Authorization}]
</IfModule>

#php_value register_globals 0

————————————

#2 2017-01-18 01:59:43

wolfcry911

Re: recent errors with no change in the back-end

Update: I’ve temporarily changed PHP to version 5.3 which has fixed the issues but I’d love to know what caused them and how to properly fix them.

#3 2017-01-18 06:34:43

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

I think that it was indeed the php. The errors should go away if you updated the php AND txp. As always back up before doing anything.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#4 2017-01-18 15:08:12

uli

wolfcry, you’re using a highly vulnerable version of TXP. You should update to the current version (more on that below). But before I’d check the two files marked as changed, maybe they’ve been hacked. First make a backup of them, then replace them with original copies from your 4.4.0 download and check diagnostics again.

Re updating Textpattern: Your plugins should continue to work after updating or can be updated with ease if they don’t. Maybe pap_contact_cleaner will break, but there’s a more recent—though aged—version I could provide you with, plus there’s adi_contact with anti spam measures for zem_contact_reborn (though not the same method that the pap plugin uses). Oh, and there’s also this kinda universal/afoot technique.
The admin theme DIN will certainly break and I’m quite sure there’s no version for 4.6 available, AFAIR it’s from Textgarden which sadly shut down two years ago. Current admin themes, though, delivered with TXP are responsive, thankfully, and there’s also a nice and regularly updated admin theme called phw_sandspace to try out (screenshot).

And of course, as colak told you, backup everything, files and DB.

Edit: Added ruud’s tip.

Last edited by uli (2017-01-18 15:54:37)

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#5 2017-01-18 19:28:17

wolfcry911

Thank you both. I’ve upgraded and everything is running smooth once more. ;)

Board footer