Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2016-01-10 13:35:26

Pat64
Plugin Author
GitHub Twitter

Re: Important info about passwords in 4.6.0

@Stef

Just installed the latest 4.6dev package (on a shared server with PHP 7.0) and I get an email with a secure link. I clicked on it and I was redirected to the “Content” page (the “default” tab sets into the preferences) in the TXP back-office. So: what’s next? No idea about the assassinated password; no possibilities to reset a new one.

Patrick.

Github | CodePen | Codier | Simplr theme | Wait Me: a maintenance theme | [\a mi.ni.ma]: a “Low Tech” simple Blog theme.

#14 2016-01-10 18:23:42

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Pat64 wrote #297326:

I get an email with a secure link. I clicked on it and I was redirected to the “Content” page

Because you’re still logged in. If you try to reset your own password when already logged in, your cookie will take precedence and log you back in automatically.

Is there a situation you can think of when you’d be logged in (i.e. in possession of the password) and want to either a) reset it (“I forgot it”) or b) reactivate your account from the admin side? If you simply want to change your password when logged in, change it from the Admin->Users panel directly.

If you want any reset or activation link to work correctly, you need to be “logged out” meaning that you open the link:

1. when there’s no txp_login cookie present,
  2. on a different browser, or
  3. in a private/incognito browsing session in the same browser.

Does that make sense?

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#15 2016-01-11 08:50:49

Pat64
Plugin Author
GitHub Twitter

Oh I see.
Thanks Stef and sorry for my stupid question (unfortunately, I deleted the token link and I can’t try it again).

(I currently test the latest dev version on a shared server with PHP 7.0 (yep, a beta) and didn’t notice any performance gains).

Patrick.

Github | CodePen | Codier | Simplr theme | Wait Me: a maintenance theme | [\a mi.ni.ma]: a “Low Tech” simple Blog theme.

#16 2016-11-06 14:33:54

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

I was wondering if this is still valid in light of the new features.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#17 2016-11-06 15:38:42

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

colak wrote #302698:

I was wondering if this is still valid in light of the new features.

Yep, that still works. It’s only the mechanism of resetting and verifying passwords via email that’s changed.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

Board footer