Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2016-10-24 12:38:31

Retrax

4.6.2: Back-End Screenshots on Mac OS X 10.11.6 failed...

Hello,

if i try to make a screenshot in the Back-End of Textpattern (the Admin-GUI) with Safari-Browser and the Print-Feature (Save as PDF…), than i will get a page that looks like it has no CSS at all.

I think that the developer has implemented a special Print-Stylesheet in the Back-End – so perhaps it’s a feature…

I prefer the old sentence “WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get)”.

So, is there any chance to bring the old behavior back?
(I like to have fast screenshots over the “Save as PDF…” feature in the Browser – otherwise i have to use a separate ScreenCapture App).

Thanks & Kind Regards!

Last edited by Retrax (2016-10-24 12:40:04)

#2 2016-10-24 12:47:54

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

Re: 4.6.2: Back-End Screenshots on Mac OS X 10.11.6 failed...

Retrax wrote #302436:

Hello,

if i try to make a screenshot in the Back-End of Textpattern (the Admin-GUI) with Safari-Browser and the Print-Feature (Save as PDF…), than i will get a page that looks like it has no CSS at all.

I think that the developer has implemented a special Print-Stylesheet in the Back-End – so perhaps it’s a feature…

Yes, that is indeed the case, following user request in this thread.

I prefer the old sentence “WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get)”.

(I like to have fast screenshots over the “Save as PDF…” feature in the Browser – otherwise i have to use a separate ScreenCapture App).

Phil will have to answer that…

But I’m curious… what is your use case for having the full display / print output as was the case with 4.6.1. Or in other words, what do you want to print everything ?

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#3 2016-10-24 12:56:37

Retrax

phiw13 wrote #302437:

But I’m curious… what is your use case for having the full display / print output as was the case with 4.6.1. Or in other words, what do you want to print everything ?

Thats my way to save the settings i made in the Back-End.
I save the pages to a PDF and have it as a file if i decide to make a clean install or something else.
Than i can open the files and have my old settings ready to read, and can have my new / old TXP Installation with a few clicks.

#4 2016-10-24 13:29:20

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

phiw13 wrote #302437:

Not really, sorry. It’s either a simplified printed version (which we’ve done from 4.6.2 onwards) or the previous behaviour. I can’t mix both together. You can still cut/paste your settings as text from a PDF generated from 4.6.2.

You could take screenshots using an app if you need to preserve screen appearance, although obviously the text won’t be copyable.

#5 2016-10-24 23:16:50

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

Retrax wrote #302438:

Thats my way to save the settings i made in the Back-End.
I save the pages to a PDF and have it as a file if i decide to make a clean install or something else.
Than i can open the files and have my old settings ready to read, and can have my new / old TXP Installation with a few clicks.

As far as I can see, all information you need is actually printed out – except for the Preferences panel: only the selected sub panel is printed.

Perhaps an improvement to the Hive stylesheet:

@media print {
  .txp-prefs-group.ui-tabs-panel { display: block !important; }
}

Retrax, if that is what you need, you can add this on your own side by creating a custom.css file and that code snippet above. Check the Readme file that comes with the Hive theme for the details on how to create that file.

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#6 2016-10-25 08:05:01

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Thanks Philippe I’ve added that rule to the admin theme repos.

Retrax, if you download from here (Hive theme) and/or here (Classic theme) and take the admin themes from the dist directory and replace your old ones in textpattern/admin-themes you’ll get this new rule (it’s also in Textpattern 4.7 dev core now too).

#7 2016-10-25 10:54:34

Retrax

thank you both so much!

Kind Regards

Michael

Board footer