Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2016-10-12 11:24:14

Kossatsch
Website

Update multisite installations

Hello,

I must confess I am a bit puzzled with version 4.6.1 and its multisite features (if existing).

Actually I am running a whole bunch of txp installations that need to be updated from 4.5.x to 4.6.1. But the zip file of txt 4.6.1 does not contain a sites folder and the file structure is slightly different (concerning the admin themes, and what the hell is the folder “vendors”?). Before getting into problems I would like to ask if there is an updated tutorial anywhere, and if someone can point me to some aspects that might be important.

Thanks in advance.

txp at irox.de since spring 2004 (g1.17) & at roxomatic since 2006.

#2 2016-10-12 12:15:03

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Re: Update multisite installations

The sites folder is only in the .tar.gz version of the download (available here) – I think it’s because the standard zip file doesn’t support symlinks, which are required for multisite installs (can someone confirm this?).

The upgrade documentation is here, although it probably needs to be updated to reflect the above, if confirmed.

And yes, some of the directory structure has changed in 4.6 due to modernisation of the codebase.

#3 2016-10-12 12:23:50

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: Update multisite installations

philwareham wrote #302114:

the standard zip file doesn’t support symlinks… can someone confirm this?

Confirmed… ish. It might be possible if we add flags to the package script. Will investigate, unless someone overrides me and supplies a reason why symlinks were omitted in the first place.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

Board footer