Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2016-09-13 23:52:46

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Awesome Textpattern: a Curated List of Textpattern Plugins & Resources

bici wrote #301432:

The other repository is a mess with some real confusion as to what works, is up to date, or if they are still active. It should be DELETED in my opinion.

Wish it were different, please don’t delete it though, I could organize it lickety split, or at least identify what plugins have active links and work with the latest stable release.

#14 2016-09-13 23:55:29

bici
Website Mastodon

hcgtv wrote #301435:

Wish it were different, please don’t delete it though, I could organize it lickety split, or at least identify what plugins have active links and work with the latest stable release.

hundreds would be grateful!
Apologies about the harsh recommendation but i find that site very annoying.

…. texted postive

#15 2016-09-15 18:43:29

monkeyninja
Plugin Author
Website

bici wrote #301432:

so thankful for this! The other repository is a mess with some real confusion as to what works, is up to date, or if they are still active. It should be DELETED in my opinion.

Thanks. It’s great to know that people are finding it useful. Please feel free to contribute to it if you’ve got anything you want to add or correct. It’s there for the community to curate together.

I completely agree that the Plugins website is a mess which was one of the main motivations behind my list (although I believe the two can work side-by-side). It seems like people have been saying that the plugins site is going to get sorted for years now and nothing appears to happen. I’m sure it hasn’t changed since it was started other than many of the plugins having become dead. I’ve lost the motivation to update my own plugins on there as a result.

I wish more plugin developers would host their plugins on sites like Github rather than their own domains as it makes accessing older versions of plugins easier and they are less like to vanish when the developer decides to no longer support Textpattern.

#16 2016-10-06 18:12:27

monkeyninja
Plugin Author
Website

Hi everyone! I’m trying to get Awesome Textpattern added to the Awesome list as it would give it and Textpattern a little more exposure.

The maintainers of the list have raised a couple of issues with Awesome Textpattern. One the use of Textile, which I’ve defended due to it being the markup syntax of Textpattern; secondly, they’d like to see some more community resources listed like videos of talks, book, learning material, etc. I’m not sure how much of the latter exists these days but if you have any you’d like to contribute please do. Also, if you want to give a thumbs up/support to Textpattern getting included on the Awesome repo that would be great, the pull request can be found here.

#17 2016-10-07 08:23:11

NicolasGraph
Plugin Author
Website

monkeyninja wrote #302004:

The maintainers of the list have raised a couple of issues with Awesome Textpattern. One the use of Textile, which I’ve defended due to it being the markup syntax of Textpattern…

If it really matters it would not be so difficult to use .md as it is the kind of repo where, as a contributor, you add only one or two lines each time you contribute. As GitHub removed .textile support from its Jekyll Pages I’m not sure they will keep it in the README files for a while anyways (?). The Textpattern README file has already been changed into a .md file for some reasons that could maybe also make sense for your repo…

philwareham wrote #301538:

Anyway, they are not dropping Textile in the main GitHub site, just on Jekyll hosting (although they could quite easily decide to drop it from main site too at some point). FWIW I have changed various repo README files to Markdown because other sites that hook into GitHub (such as the NPM site) expect README’s to be in Markdown format.

Nicolas
Follow me on Twitter and GitHub!
Multiple edits are usually to correct my frenglish…

Board footer