Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#829 2016-03-29 17:57:46

igner
Plugin Author

Re: ign_password_protect

johnstephens wrote #298425:

There are two repositories for the plugin on Github:

It looks like Igner’s version has commits as recent as 2012, so it may be more “up-to-date”. I’m not sure if either is compatible with the latest stable version of Textpattern, though.

Yes, best place to get it is to grab the source from github. It’s definitely on the non-maintained list, though, as work and life complications have precluded TXP work for me for quite some time.

I’m actually amazed that 11 years on, there’s even still interest in this plugin. I’d have assumed by now the functionality would have been supplanted…

And then my dog ate my badger, and the love was lost.

#830 2016-03-29 20:09:24

johnstephens
Plugin Author
Website

igner wrote #298426:

I’m actually amazed that 11 years on, there’s even still interest in this plugin. I’d have assumed by now the functionality would have been supplanted…

I know of a site that the maintainer is afraid to upgrade because it depends on this plugin and a few others. Brings a tear to the eye. ;(

#831 2016-09-06 09:32:20

dorka

Hi there,
could someone explain how do I install the plugin using the source from github? Thank you, my dear!

#832 2016-09-06 09:55:02

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

dorka wrote #301107:

could someone explain how do I install the plugin using the source from github?

Two methods:

1. Set up a plugin cache directory (preferably outside document root) and link to it from your Prefs. Then drop the full .php file from GitHub in there. It’ll be loaded immediately when you use the site.
  2. Use ied_plugin_composer. You can Browse… for the .php file from the Plugin Composer’s Installation area and upload it.

Option 1 will be “always on”, so to disable the plugin you’ll need to remove it from that directory. It also doesn’t respond to lifecycle events (install/enable/disable/delete) but in this plugin’s case it doesn’t matter as it predates the lifecycle system.

Option 2 installs it into the database as a regular plugin. Lifecyle events are controllable via the Plugin Composer’s settings.

Hope that helps.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#833 2016-09-06 10:24:51

dorka

Absolutely! Thanks a lot Steff.

Board footer