Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#2353 2016-08-24 13:58:27

lythande
Website

Re: MLP - The Multi-Lingual Publishing Pack

MLP requires greater privileges than a regular Textpattern installation. It also needs temporary table creation and maybe one other (I can’t remember offhand, sorry). Could that be the problem?

Hmm, maybe. My Idea: If I know the name for the Tables, so I can create this empty table and MLP Pack can fill it?

In the Error-message:

This might be a false result.
If you are sure you have these privileges…
SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, CREATE, CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES, ALTER, LOCK TABLES, INDEX, DROP
…then you can continue.

Last edited by lythande (2016-08-24 14:00:43)

#2354 2016-08-25 13:54:28

lythande
Website

I have make a new look on the error-side.
a red text line say: privs - or grants on DB (`db2***2_3` as `db2***2\_3`) cannot be evaluated
what have this mean?

I cant create a new db. I can only use /create new tables in the db.

Last edited by lythande (2016-08-25 13:56:41)

#2355 2016-08-25 14:19:28

lythande
Website

Hmm, I have installed the MLP Pack, after some errors (for not create 3-4 tables) seems that all is ok. I will try it and use it…

#2356 2016-08-30 07:19:04

azw

MLP error

Hi, Bloke, Thanks so much for maintaining MLP and continuing to help us.

I’m updating to TXP 4.5.7 and MLP with:
l10n-4.5.5-01
gbp_admin_library-0.4.2
zem_contact_lang-mlp-4.0.3.6-ML (already up-to-date)

I’ve uploaded all of the files from github to the textpattern folder and installed the l10n two newer plugins in the admin panel.

The site now throws a general_error.

general_error
Notice: Undefined index: l10n_l10n-url_default_lang_marker on line 460
<code>_l10n_textpattern_comment_submit()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php:854 call_user_func_array()
textpattern/publish.php:526 callback_event()
index.php:83 textpattern()</code>

I’ve been wrestling with this for hours. Any idea of what might be wrong or how to go about finding the problem?

Is it odd that “l10n_l10n-url_default_lang_marker” has l10n repeated?

#2357 2016-09-04 06:17:33

azw

I may have found a bug. I deleted renditions in both languages on the MLP page using the “X” in the articles column. That cleared them both from all areas of the admin side of the site, but one of the renditions still appeared in the live site. I had to go into phpMyAdmin to delete the phantom rendition. That fixed the problem.

I still have not found a solution to the error message described in earlier post on 2016-08-30.

#2358 2016-09-04 08:08:42

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

azw wrote #301013:

I deleted renditions in both languages on the MLP page using the “X” in the articles column. That cleared them both from all areas of the admin side of the site, but one of the renditions still appeared in the live site.

This is probably to do with your earlier problems with the plugin, sorry for missing your post. MLP doesn’t seem to have a proper database “link” between the rendition and the article. The delete process dutifully removes the back-end stuff, but not the linked front-end rendered content.

I think this has been fixed in the GitHub version, but since it’s not yet officially released it needs compiling. That reminds me, I need to find somewhere to set up a clean MLP instance so I can compile the plugins.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#2359 2016-10-13 15:32:02

jordi
Website

From what I read here, I understand that the Github version of MLP can be made to work well with TXP 4.5.7

Has anyone tried it with TXP 4.6.1?

Also, when updating both TXP and MLP, I understand that the way to go is to update first the MLP pack according to the directions on Github and then update TXP, taking care to overwrite the TXP core files with those provided in the MLP pack. Is that right?

#2360 2016-10-14 08:33:03

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

jordi wrote #302160:

the Github version of MLP… Has anyone tried it with TXP 4.6.1?

Yes, me. But only from the 4.6.0 branch on GitHub. The pack is certainly not pretty at the moment, but it works. I think the UI portion is buried deep in gbp_admin_library and I couldn’t fathom it last time I looked. I’ll try again, hopefully soon, and get the interface a little more in line with the 4.6 visuals.

Also, when updating both TXP and MLP

I’d be tempted to do it in this order:

• Put your site in maintenance mode ;-)
  • Backup database and filesystem.
  • Disable the l10n plugin.
  • Disable the gbp_admin_library plugin.
  • Log out of Textpattern.
  • Upgrade Txp files from new version.
  • Upload and replace any core files from MLP. Note the instructions don’t yet mention the stuff in the vendors directory, but that needs uploading too.
  • Log in, let Txp upgrade itself. Deal with any upgrade issues / plugins via Admin->Diagnostics.
  • Install new version of gbp_admin_library and enable it.
  • Install new version of l10n plugin and enable it.
  • Visit any admin panel to upgrade MLP.
  • Test.
  • Take site out of maintenance mode.

My gut feeling is that Txp 4.6.2 will be out in a few days, so you may wish to wait until then to save yourself the hassle of doing bits of the above twice. I might have been able to spruce up the MLP interface by then too, if I get a few hours spare this weekend.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#2361 2016-10-14 15:13:30

jordi
Website

Hi Stef, thank you for your detailed instructions. One thing, though:

Yes, me. But only from the 4.6.0 branch on GitHub. The pack is certainly not pretty at the moment, but it works.

If it works, that’s enough, for the moment. The question is: where is this 4.6.0 branch? The one at https://github.com/Bloke/MLP seems older, and there’s not any vendors directory that I can find.

My gut feeling is that Txp 4.6.2 will be out in a few days, so you may wish to wait until then to save yourself the hassle of doing bits of the above twice.

A few days I can wait. I’ll do that, then.

And thank you for your magic.

#2362 2016-10-14 15:26:46

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

jordi wrote #302187:

where is this 4.6.0 branch?

github.com/bloke/mlp/tree/v4.6.0.

#2363 2016-10-14 16:02:58

jordi
Website

thank you

#2364 2016-10-15 22:25:18

lustfulrat

I’m trying to install MLP in TXP 4.6.0 but I’m little confused about installing a plugins. How can I install them? As stated in README.md file from GitHub repo there should be three txt files inside plugins, but there is only sources folder with php files.

In gbp_admin_library.php and l10n.php files there is a comment:
// Copy this file to a new name like abc_myplugin.php. Edit the code, then
// run this file at the command line to produce a plugin for distribution:
// $ php abc_myplugin.php > abc_myplugin-0.1.txt

I’ve tried to do this using cron on my hosting account user panel (I don’t have an access to the console, only to cron-jobs composer via DirectAdmin), but produced txt files are empty (0 bytes size).

Anybody know how can I convert them to txt files needed to install via plugin installer in TXP administration? Or simply put the txt files somewhere, so everybody can download it.

Board footer