Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#109 2016-06-14 13:12:10

joebaich
Website

Re: zem_contact_reborn v4.5.0.0: contact mail form processing

momono-02 wrote #299718:

Already tried the SMTP envelope sender address but that didn’t do the trick, maybe because I use a different emailadress than the domain it’s send from.
Client has crappy hosting with no phone support but I will try the second fix with SPF or DKIM support.
Thanks man!

Everything that Stef said but, also, if you are using email server aliases try using the host’s real email server names instead. For example, pop.myowndomainname.com, smtp.myowndomainname.com, mail.myowndomain.com etc –replace with whatever your ‘client’s crappy host’ uses as their email server names.

My host dropped support for these aliases on their latest PHP upgrade and all my older textpattern sites forms that used the aliases fell over. Easy to fix once one is aware.

#110 2016-08-11 16:10:59

uli

Pardon for an obviously stupid question. I can’t seem to get a result for …

<txp:zem_contact_text 
label="Telefonnummer" 
type="tel" 
class="form-control" 
placeholder="Telefonnummer" 
id="phone" 
required="1" 
break="" />

… where the class isn’t applied to the label, too. Is that the expected behaviour or am I doing something wrong?

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#111 2016-08-11 18:58:45

uli

I also can’t seem to avoid having a form label, either my own (in case I enter a value for label to <txp:zem_contact />) or Contact (if I leave label empty). Is there a way to have no form label at all?

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#112 2016-08-11 23:15:59

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

uli wrote #300604:

I also can’t seem to avoid having a form label, either my own (in case I enter a value for label to <txp:zem_contact />) or Contact (if I leave label empty). Is there a way to have no form label at all?

Hmm. If you can live with an empty <label for="xx"></label> in the generated HTML, this seems to work on my side:

<txp:zem_contact_text break="" label="" name="address2" placeholder="" required="0" />

It would be nice not to have that empty@<label@ generated, though.

Last edited by phiw13 (2016-08-11 23:16:27)

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#113 2016-08-12 15:06:16

uli

Philippe, thanks for having a look. My label legend instance is the label legend for the whole form, though, not for a form element. (I ended setting up a special CSS selector.) I’m a little perplexed as the plugin help says to leave the label legend empty for having fieldset and label legend not applied for the form itself. And fieldset is always used there, too, as label legend is.

Edit: Sorry, it’s about legend (not label, corrected above) and fieldset. But the problem remains, I’ve set label="" like mentioned in the FAQs, but get both tags.

Last edited by uli (2016-08-12 15:55:26)

#114 2016-08-12 18:27:02

uli

Stef, ATM the ul.zemError is always prepended to the form (and I can’t find an option to append ul.zemError). Fixed menu bars have become quite popular and these hide one and two lined zemError messages. Would you perhaps consider an option desirable where to add zemErrors?

#115 2016-08-12 21:59:06

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

uli wrote #300611:

the plugin help says to leave the legend empty for having fieldset and legend not applied for the form itself.

Hmmm, I may have screwed something up here then. Can the previous version render a form without a legend?

uli wrote #300614:

Would you perhaps consider an option desirable where to add zemErrors?

You can already add it anywhere you like on the page, but it’s a bit of a fiddle because you need to make two identical contact forms. Of course, with some judicial CSS you can move the default error block where you like, take it out of the flow, make it have fixed or absolute position, etc.

Otherwise, stick your contact fields in a Txp Form:

<txp:zem_contact_text label="Death Star employee name" /><br />
<txp:zem_contact_select label="Reason for termination">
   <txp:zem_contact_option label="I find your lack of faith disturbing" />
   <txp:zem_contact_option label="You have failed me for the last time" />
   <txp:zem_contact_option label="I am your father" />
</txp:zem_contact_select>

And then call it twice on the page, once with show_input="0" and once with show_error="0"

<div id="contact_form">
    <txp:zem_contact to="darth@deathstar.com" form="contactForm" show_error="0" />
</div>
<div id="contact_error">
    <txp:zem_contact to="darth@deathstar.com" form="contactForm" show_input="0" />
</div>

See the plugin help topic “Separate input and error forms”.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#116 2016-08-13 00:30:25

uli

Bloke wrote #300623:

See the plugin help topic “Separate input and error forms”.

Sorry for missing that one.
And thanks, I have it working. Though not quite like I hoped: There is no ID on the form tag any longer and hence the .zemError is out of sight, likewise, when the page is reloaded. Is there one more trick?

#117 2016-08-13 07:30:56

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

uli wrote #300625:

I have it working. Though not quite like I hoped: There is no ID on the form tag any longer and hence the .zemError is out of sight, likewise, when the page is reloaded. Is there one more trick?

Ummm, not that I’m aware of. I guess the lack of ID is out of necessity to prevent violating the HTML standard. Perhaps this whole thing needs rethinking a bit.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#118 2016-08-13 15:53:20

uli

I went back to normal use (one time) and applied one of the Nicholas Gallagher CSS tricks here for positioning targets. I seemed to have a thinking hindrance before my last post, I assumed I’d have to apply the “trick styles” immediately to the ID selector, but the class was fine.

Bloke wrote #300632:

Perhaps this whole thing needs rethinking a bit.

If I may have a wish: Placing the error messages below the form fields yet above the Send button seems the most natural, user friendly, position to me. Plus: It builds a symbolic barrier there, between the form fields and the target of users’ action, the Send button.

#119 2016-09-01 09:49:28

planeth
Plugin Author
Website

Hello Bloke, I’m stumbling upon a strange behavior when using <txp:zem_contact_email />.
I want to give a default valu,e so this is my markup :
<txp:zem_contact_email class="w100" default="<txp:variable name="email" />" />
When sending the form, email value and other fields values are wiped out.
If I use only <txp:zem_contact_email class="w100" /> everything works fine.
What is the best way to give a default value to a zem_contact_field depending on a variable ?
Thanks for your help !

#120 2016-09-01 09:59:01

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

planeth wrote #300909:

What is the best way to give a default value to a zem_contact_field depending on a variable?

Try single quotes around your attribute so the parser can interpret it properly:

<txp:zem_contact_email class="w100" default='<txp:variable name="email" />' />

Board footer