Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2016-08-09 08:47:14

webster

Hi All
I just migrated a site to my hosting account I have triple checked everything and all looks good. The problem I have is when I or anyone for that matter puts in the website address www.stradbrokeislandevents.com.au (I currently have this redirected). in it goes straight to the Textpattern login page instead of the actual Website itself. I am very new to Textpattern so I have no idea what to do.
Could anyone please help with a solution to this.

Regards
Paul

#2 2016-08-09 09:03:42

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: log in screen

Hi Paul, and welcome to Textpattern.

For the record, I see the front page of the website when visiting the link above (the maintenance page of the redirected site). Although it sounds as if you’ve already checked everything, could there be some (proxy?) cacheing going on? A (session?) cookie that needs clearing perhaps? Does it still go wrong from a new incognito / private browsing session?

It does seem a little strange to behave in that manner. Interestingly, I see the opposite: even if I add /textpattern to the URL, I still get the front page of the redirected site, so cannot bring the login page up, even though the redirect retains it in the URL. Is there something in your .htaccess that might be interfering? There’s still a load of WordPress stuff in your HTML too, though that may be a relic of the migration process. Perhaps something in your old WP installation is conflicting?

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#3 2016-08-09 10:12:56

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

Re: log in screen

Bloke wrote #300553:

For the record, I see the front page of the website when visiting the link above (the maintenance page of the redirected site).

[…]

Interestingly, I see the opposite: even if I add /textpattern to the URL, I still get the front page of the redirected site, so cannot bring the login page up, even though the redirect retains it in the URL.

+1. Hitting /wp-admin/ throws up the Wordpress login, so that’s definitely still there.

Board footer