Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2016-08-05 19:18:16

rvd

error adding new author

Good day,

I have setup textpattern and I am studing howto. The problem is when I add a new author there shows up a error and no author is created. I use TP 4.5.7 downloaded from the site. How do I find out what the cause of the problem is? Is there a log file somewhere?

greeting, Ron

#2 2016-08-06 03:00:46

jstubbs
Website

Re: error adding new author

Hello Ron,

What error message do you see on screen? And did the new author receive an email from Textpattern?

#3 2016-08-07 00:18:58

rvd

Re: error adding new author

hello, thank you for your reaction. I have found the problem. It seems that some kinds of mail adresses will not been seen as mailadresses. So I used an more official one and that one is accepted. My next struggle was sending the mails from my raspberry. I installed ssmtp and use some gmail account to send the mails to my new accounts. Sending mail works fine but when the account asks for ‘password forgotten’, he/she will not get the mail. When I as publisher manage the password of that account, he/she get’s the mail… hmmm Ok, but when the account used that information to log in, there is a error that says, could not log in whit that password/username. Even not when I copy/paste it

Board footer