Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#2341 2016-03-02 17:14:03

giampablo
Website

Re: MLP - The Multi-Lingual Publishing Pack

Bloke wrote #298103:

Or do snippets offer something above what a Textpack can deliver? If so, what?

No, nothing really important, other than the panel to manage snippets that does a good enough job (but the current panel is far from perfect from a UX point of view).

An idea lurking around my head right now for a future MLP as core textpattern. What about a new tag similar to <txp:text />?

Something in the line of <txp:snippet name="my_first_snippet" />

The inspiration came from the docs:

The text tag is a single tag which is primarily used to return localized language strings from the txp_lang database table.

#2342 2016-03-30 17:17:24

Apazz

I have the MLP with three languages. I want to create some code to properly provide the meta tags necessary to be able to tell the robots the different renditions for diferent languages on each article, and/or create a proper robots.txt

What is the best practice to create the metatags? I know hreflang is used, but I don’t know how can I provide the right permlink for each tag.

Besides that, whenever I change the language using the menu, instead of going to the same page in the different language, it goes to a random page or sometimes to a file, do you know what might be going on?
Thanks in advance.

#2343 2016-07-18 02:27:41

lythande
Website

Hello :)
I wish to using the MLP on my new website, with TXP 4.5.7.
But I can’t find the .txt-Plugin-Installfiles in the Github from Bloke for MLP.
I can only find the .php-files, but this is not the installfiles?

#2344 2016-08-21 21:31:33

lythande
Website

No idea to help me? :-/

#2345 2016-08-22 09:16:17

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

lythande wrote #300315:

I wish to using the MLP on my new website, with TXP 4.5.7.

Hi, sorry for not replying sooner. As I don’t have access to a working 4.5.7 at the moment so I can compile them, the simplest thing for you to do is to (temporarily?) install ied_plugin_composer.

From its main panel, under the ‘Installation’ section, you’ll find a Browse… button. That will allow you to upload (install) the .php files in the MLP plugins/sources directory. They will then become regular plugins which you can switch on and off — either from the plugin composer or the Admin->Pluigins panel.

Hope that helps.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#2346 2016-08-24 01:05:42

lythande
Website

Bloke wrote #300734:

From its main panel, under the ‘Installation’ section, you’ll find a Browse… button.

Much thanks!
I have installed the plugin ied_plugin_composer and install the three plugins and activated it. This MLP-Plugins dont works. Then I see, that I should copied the new files/contents from “textpattern” to my textpattern-installation. I have done it, but not deactivated the three plugins. (another plugins are not installed) So i deactivated and activated the three plugins in the order how you write it in readme.md.

I have not the plugin “gbp_l10n plugin”.

Then I go to “content” for install the MLP setup wizard. But there is not a new subtab and I get three Parse error

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in ...textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(812) : eval()'d code on line 4
Die obigen Fehler verursachte das Plugin:zem_contact_lang-mlp

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in ...textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(812) : eval()'d code on line 4
Die obigen Fehler verursachte das Plugin:gbp_admin_library.php

Die obigen Fehler verursachte das Plugin:l10n.php
Textpattern 

I read the readme.md again and again and cant find an error on my side. I have install two languages: german and english. Maybe I have do something wrong, but cant find them. What I can do now?

#2347 2016-08-24 09:48:38

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

lythande wrote #300744:

unexpected ‘<’

Hmmm, that sounds like the installation didn’t go according to plan.

If you go to your Admin->Plugins panel you’ll see the three plugins (hopefully). Click one to edit it. Do you see <?php at the top? If so, that’s not right.

In that case, what you could do, for each plugin:

1. Open up that plugin’s .php file from the MLP plugins/sources directory in a text editor.
  2. Find the line of the plugin that reads # --- BEGIN PLUGIN CODE ---.
  3. Select everything from there, down to the line that reads # --- END PLUGIN CODE ---.
  4. Copy it.
  5. Paste it into the Code textarea in the Admin->Plugins panel.
  6. Save the plugin.

Once you’ve pasted them in and saved all three, make sure they’re all enabled and then try visiting the Content panel again to see if the errors go away.

Not sure why Plugin Composer didn’t install the plugins correctly, sorry. I know I’ve fixed a number of bugs since v1.06, but I thought it at least uploaded plugins fine.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#2348 2016-08-24 10:51:54

lythande
Website

Hi Bloke,
thx! All three plugins was installed over ied_plugin_composer as an full php-file, begins with <!DOCTYPE html>...
So i now open the files in textwrangler. There I see only the Begins with <?php. <— here is the mistood, I opened the MLP-Pack-Files now, not the direct downloaded files…

File “gbp_admin_library.php” has two wrapped <?php:
There I see no more the <!DOCTYPE html>, but it begins with <?php at the top and then how as in a normal .txt-plugin, but here and there with <?php inside of $plugin-Lines and # --- Begin Plugin Code ---.

Should I only deleting the wrapped <?php?

The other both files has only one wrapped <?php at the begins of the file.

Find the line of the plugin that reads # --- BEGIN PLUGIN CODE ---.

If I select only the Plugin Code, so I dont get the Plugin Help and Plugin CSS (in file “gbp_admin_library.php”)?

Last edited by lythande (2016-08-24 11:01:09)

#2349 2016-08-24 10:54:23

lythande
Website

Ahhhh, I see the Error on my head…

I have downloaded the three plugins directly from github. Not in the .zip-Pack! In the .zip-Pack there is correct with only Begins <?php
So I would first try the Install over ied_plugin_composer with the correct files.

#2350 2016-08-24 11:20:42

lythande
Website

Hmm, Is I wish to upload the file “l10n” and “zem_contact_lang-mlp”, textpattern means to both: “Internal error “Undefined offset: 1”.
At file “l10n” was only one of this error and load the plugin – so seem it me – correct.
But “zem_contact…” has show always this error. After I say “ok” for the Internal error “Undefined offset: 1” – it load the plugins, but not correct, the all Informations over this plugins are not installed (name, version…).

I figured out, that in the file of “zem_contact_lang-mlp” the tabs on the lines of $plugin before = are cant read from the plugin “ied_plugin_composer”. After deleting the tabs (and only with a space) the upload with “ied_plugin_composer” working very fine.

#2351 2016-08-24 11:41:32

lythande
Website

Yeah, MLP-subtabs are now there! :)
But now the next error… ahhh…. .

“Interner Fehler “There is no such grant defined for user ‘db***_3’ on host ‘mysql5.mysite.webseiten.cc’
SHOW GRANTS FOR ‘db***_3’@‘mysql5.mysite.webseiten.cc’;”

The db is the same. I work with a subdomain. “mysite” – i have renamed the original name of the url. The db has mySQL-Version 5.6.19.
It seems, the MLP Pack missing MySQL Privileges….

It seems, I cant figure out the MySQL Privileges? The options for them I cant find in phpMyAdmin from my Webhoster.

Edit:
I make “check again (show details) and there MLP-Pack say me:
SHOW GRANTS;

array ( 0 => 'GRANT USAGE ON *.* TO \'db***_3\'@\'127.0.0.%\' IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD \'****************\'', )

Yes, my databases is all must identified by password… For Textpattern is this not a problem, why for MLP Pack?

Last edited by lythande (2016-08-24 11:45:47)

#2352 2016-08-24 13:21:43

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

lythande wrote #300752:

Undefined offset: 1

Okay, that’s a bug with plugin composer, sorry. Should still upload okay.

Yeah, MLP-subtabs are now there! :)

Right, we’re getting there, yay!

There is no such grant defined

MLP requires greater privileges than a regular Textpattern installation. It also needs temporary table creation and maybe one other (I can’t remember offhand, sorry). Could that be the problem?

It uses the same connection parameters as Textpattern itself so the same GRANTS should be fine.

Board footer