Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2016-07-09 16:46:28

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: Update notifications for plugins

Aeyoun wrote #300252:

for auto-update purposes, a third field: `Update-URL: <url>` could be periodically cheeked. URL should contain a text/plain with: <plugin-name>;<version-number>;<download-url>.

Interesting. Not sure how this best works for people on github and bitbucket, etc. Presumably this means every project will have to have a file available from, for example, github’s ‘raw’ view that we can directly access. Assuming we’re effectively allowed to “hotlink” to such locations. I think it’d be ok. I’d rather people not have to keep it up-to-date by hand though. This info ought to be generated and served automatically if possible. The fewer obstacles we can put in the way, the more likely it is to be adopted.

Thanks for the license insight. I’ll see if we can include that. Not 4.6, but a later version, probably.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#14 2016-07-09 18:38:03

Aeyoun
Website

Re: Update notifications for plugins

Bloke wrote #300258:

Interesting. Not sure how this best works for people on github and bitbucket, etc. Presumably this means every project will have to have a file available from, for example, github’s ‘raw’ view that we can directly access. Assuming we’re effectively allowed to “hotlink” to such locations. I think it’d be ok. I’d rather people not have to keep it up-to-date by hand though. This info ought to be generated and served automatically if possible. The fewer obstacles we can put in the way, the more likely it is to be adopted.

Unless Textpattern wants to host plugins, and setup and maintain a large infrastructure around them; then this is the easiest for everyone. Should work for anyone with pretty much any hosting.

Other suggestions?

Last edited by Aeyoun (2016-07-09 18:38:15)

Board footer