Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2016-06-28 10:46:22

alesh
Website

SQL error after enabling rah_flat

I’ve got a local development environment going. The idea is to do keep the main articles database table synced between my live site and the dev site. This morning I exported the textpattern table from my live site out of PhpMyAdmin and imported it into the version running locally with Sequel Pro. Front end works fine, but when I open the Textpattern interface I get the following error:

internal_error “You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘-textpattern WRITE, bot_wtc WRITE, custom_fields WRITE, md_versions WRITE, textp’ at line 1”.

I kept a renamed version of the original textpattern table. But when I switch them back, the error doesn’t go away. Any ideas about what went wrong?

Update: Hmm. So I realized the txp_image table also was updated on the front-end and tried importing that too, re-naming the existing local table to “bak-txp_image”. Different error message, pertaining to “bak-txp_image”. Delete that table. Now getting this version of the error:

internal_error “You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘-textpattern WRITE, textpattern WRITE, textpattern_category WRITE, txp_category ‘ at line 1”.

Last edited by alesh (2016-06-28 12:44:55)

Yes, I have tried turning it off and on.

#2 2016-07-01 11:21:49

alesh
Website

Re: SQL error after enabling rah_flat

Hmm… I’ve tried logging out and back in. Tried exporting the database, creating a new database, importing the data, and pointing TXP at the new database. Same error.

I’m guessing this is something wrong with my tables being out of sync, but I don’t really know where to start troubleshooting…

#3 2016-07-01 12:47:05

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

What are the respective versions of MySQL in dev and live, alesh?

#4 2016-07-01 16:20:07

alesh
Website

gaekwad wrote #300105:

What are the respective versions of MySQL in dev and live, alesh?

The live site is on Dreamhost which uses MySQL version 5.6; Dev is scotchBox, MySQL 5.5.46-0ubuntu0.14.04.2.

Hmm… I guess I could upload the database to the web host and see if the problem persists. I can live with these errors in development (I’m using rah_flat so i’m not really in the backend very much.

#5 2016-08-09 13:14:33

alesh
Website

I’ve now tried merging everything back together on a subdomain back on Dreamhost, and the error begins to show up exactly when I enable rah_flat. Started a new thread here so I can have that in the subject line. Sorry for the mess!

#6 2016-08-09 19:14:24

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

You can change the subject … so continue here :)

#7 2016-08-11 13:24:33

alesh
Website

Ok, so I have tracked this down to the moment when I activate rah_flat. I have now tried this about three times with the same results:

1. Fresh install of Textpattern on a new subdomain.
  2. Export tables from existing site and import into the new install.
  3. Upload template files from local dev site
  4. Install rah_flat and update the template location in preferences.

Up to that point everything is working fine. From the moment when I activate rah_flat tho, I start getting that error message. (Worth mentioning: this is an old Textpattern database with a LOT of cruft and latin1 encoding.)

Any ideas as to what the problem could be or work-around strategies?

Really tho, I do not have that many pages and forms. Guess I can just copy them one by one into the backend.

Board footer