Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2016-05-19 07:33:33

Ji31

Self-order calendar

Hi,

is there some plugin where the public user can put the event (order himself) into the calendar shown on my page?

Thanks

#2 2016-05-19 09:02:28

NicolasGraph
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Self-order calendar

Ji31 wrote #299147:

Is there some plugin where the public user can put the event (order himself) into the calendar shown on my page?

If I’m right, you just need to allow users to sort your articles?
I posted this tip about this kind of feature two years ago; it’s a hack (from a previous tip by Gocom/Jukka) but a plugin is also doable.
‘Hope it helps.

Last edited by NicolasGraph (2016-05-19 10:09:33)

Nicolas
Follow me on Twitter and GitHub!
Multiple edits are usually to correct my frenglish…

#3 2016-05-19 09:24:28

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Ji31 wrote #299147:

is there some plugin where the public user can put the event (order himself) into the calendar shown on my page?

Front-end editing of content is not something that’s native to Txp so a plugin is definitely required. If you’re using smd_calendar, which uses articles as events, then what you need is:

• A plugin to add an article from the front-end. There’s mem_simple_form which allows you to post content to any textpattern table. Or, for a more do-it-yourself approach, etc_query or smd_query. In any case, pay attention to security and sanitize all input.
  • Possibly a plugin to authenticate your users so you know who has added the event, and for security (so bots don’t publish stuff). If your users each have a Txp login, then cbe_frontauth or mck_login are good contenders.
  • If users who can publish events are to have Txp accounts, you might require a plugin to allow self-registration. Either of the above two plugins should do that (or maybe there’s a companion cbe_ plugin for registration, can’t remember). Failing that you can fall back on mem_self_register.
  • Perhaps a plugin to help manage users and groups, such as smd_user_manager.

That should give yo a good head start. Integrating it all is fun, so let us know if you need any assistance.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#4 2016-05-26 14:01:33

NicolasGraph
Plugin Author
Website

Ji31 wrote #299147:

Is there some plugin where the public user can put the event (order himself) into the calendar shown on my page?

Does this help?

Nicolas
Follow me on Twitter and GitHub!
Multiple edits are usually to correct my frenglish…

Board footer