Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2016-05-05 17:58:00

amalendukundu

Google webmaster is not linking TXP blog

My sites blog article is being indexed by google webmaster tool For example the url: myonlineedu.com/blog/articles/what-programming-language-to-start-with
appears in google search for “site:myonlineedu.com”. However the mentioned url does not appear in “Links to your site” section of google webmaster. The same url is referred to site quora.com many times but it does not show up in the section. While my homepage which is also referred in quora.com is appearing properly in the “Links to your site” section.

Can any one of you please suggest what could be the issue? What am I missing?

#2 2016-05-06 05:24:07

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Re: Google webmaster is not linking TXP blog

Hi amalendukundu and welcome to txp,

This of course is not a problem with textpattern as what you are basically referring to is quora and google.

Check the source of the pages on quora.com to see if there is a rel="nofollow" attribute next to the links to your site.

Another option is that google has not visited some of the pages which link to your site at quora as they may have a “nofollow” attribute on the links leading to those quora pages.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#3 2016-05-06 11:36:29

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

Recommendations:

Last edited by gaekwad (2016-05-06 12:52:12)

#4 2016-05-06 12:09:11

amalendukundu

colak wrote #298996:

Hi amalendukundu and welcome to txp,

This of course is not a problem with textpattern as what you are basically referring to is quora and google.

Check the source of the pages on quora.com to see if there is a rel="nofollow" attribute next to the links to your site.

Another option is that google has not visited some of the pages which link to your site at quora as they may have a “nofollow” attribute on the links leading to those quora pages.

Thanks for your reply. I think the problem is not with quora or any other external site. My TXP blog url for example

myonlineedu.com/blog/articles/what-programming-language-to-start-with

is present in other sites also but none of my blog’s url (like above) is not linked in google webmaster. Also in a single post of quora, I have two links. One is my website home page URL (myonlineedu.com) and another one is the blog’s URL. But google webmaster is showing that my website home page is linked from Quora but it does not show the blog’s url. Which means google crawled the quora post where the two URL’s are present but it is not linking the TXP blog’s url.

I hope I am able to describe the problem more in details.

#5 2016-05-06 12:32:39

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

The rah_sitemap plugin will generate a dynamic sitemap which can be submitted to Google (and others) for a listing of all (or selected) pages on a website.

This will give Google (and others) more specific information and removes the relative uncertainty of a link being followed.

Edit: actually get the plugin name right this time. Ugh.

Last edited by gaekwad (2016-05-06 12:51:33)

#6 2016-05-06 12:39:24

jakob
Admin
Website

gaekwad wrote #299002:

The rah_flat plugin will generate a dynamic sitemap which can be submitted to Google (and others) for a listing of all (or selected) pages on a website.

I think you mean rah_sitemap. And if you have very specific google sitemap requirements, rah_external_output is a further option.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#7 2016-05-06 12:50:08

jakob
Admin
Website

amalendukundu wrote #299001:

Also in a single post of quora, I have two links. One is my website home page URL (myonlineedu.com) and another one is the blog’s URL. But google webmaster is showing that my website home page is linked from Quora but it does not show the blog’s url. Which means google crawled the quora post where the two URL’s are present but it is not linking the TXP blog’s url.

I hope I am able to describe the problem more in details.

Your link in the page source of this quota thread is:

<a href="http://www.myonlineedu.com/course/browse-course-catalog.php" rel="noreferrer nofollow" target="_blank" class="external_link tooltip_parent" onmouseover="return require(&quot;qtext&quot;).tooltip(this, &quot;myonlineedu.com&quot;)" data-tooltip="attached">
  <div class="tooltip" style="display: block; top: -30px; left: 231px;">
    <div class="tooltip_contents nub_bottom"><span>myonlineedu.com</span></div>
  </div>
  Browse our course gallery and select the course based on your need
</a>

The bit rel="noreferrer nofollow" will I guess be blocking its link value for google. That’s set by Quora, I’m afraid, I guess to prevent the system being filled with spam links…

#8 2016-05-06 12:50:55

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

jakob wrote #299003:

I think you mean rah_sitemap. And if you have very specific google sitemap requirements, rah_external_output is a further option.

I do – you are correct, I was wrong. Thanks for the clarification, sir. Friday lunchtime beer was clearly not a smart move.

#9 2016-05-06 12:52:17

jakob
Admin
Website

If your weather is anything like ours on this side of the channel, a Friday lunchtime beer sounds just right :-) Cheers!

#10 2016-05-06 12:54:57

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

Actually, it’s pretty nice outside. He says, staring at a screen. And the surf forecast is looking good for paddleboarding this weekend, too, if the wind drops a little.

Last edited by gaekwad (2016-05-06 12:55:11)

#11 2016-05-07 18:44:13

amalendukundu

jakob wrote #299004:

Your link in the page source of this quota thread is:

The bit rel="noreferrer nofollow" will I guess be blocking its link value for google. That’s set by Quora, I’m afraid, I guess to prevent the system being filled with spam links…

Thank for this. Yes you are right. i think quora has marked my site urls as nofollow thus it is not linking anymore by google.

Board footer