Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2016-04-27 02:44:46

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

An experience upgrading to TXP 4.6

I upgraded one of my personal sites from TXP 4.5.7 to 4.6.

1. Prior to upgrading, I logged in on the admin panel, did some minimal housekeeping (among other things checked some Preferences, terrified that plugins were up-to-date, and installed, activated rvm_maintenance. Logged out of Texpattern and closed the browser tab.
  2. Fired up the trusted Transmit, SFTP’ed all Textpattern files, my templates folder (rah_flat), my admin theme, etc.
  3. Loaded the admin login panel again.

Here is how the experience is less than ideal:

1. The /textpattern URL loads, I’m greeted with a blank page with one line of text (I paraphrase: “you appear to have been running an incompatible admin theme, the default theme will be used instead”).
    The text could add: “Please reload this page to continue” or something similar. That is what I actually did, the (Hive themed) login panel then loaded, I logged in.
  2. The upgrade script finishes doing its job, and redirects me to the Language panel (as expected) to upgrade the language file. Ok this part worked fine.
  3. I then went to the Preference panel. Here things got slightly weird again: none of the sub panels were collapsed, the updated textpattern.js wasn’t doing its job… (guesses: the old version of the file was still in use somehow, or the Texpattern cookie was remembering something?). I clicked the “admin” link but the page did not scroll to that part. OK, I reloaded the page again, then it worked fine (sub panels collapsed, toggling worked), enabled my own theme.

After that things were working smoothly. Enabled rah_flat to update forms and pages (aside: rah_flat needs/expects lowercase folders in the template folder, fwiw), verified that all was working as expected on the front end and disabled rvm_maintenance. All included, it took me about 20 minutes, with an interruption by his majesty my cat.

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#2 2016-05-04 13:24:06

etc
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: An experience upgrading to TXP 4.6

phiw13 wrote #298844:

I then went to the Preference panel. Here things got slightly weird again: none of the sub panels were collapsed, the updated textpattern.js wasn’t doing its job… (guesses: the old version of the file was still in use somehow, or the Texpattern cookie was remembering something?).

Both: outdated textpattern.js and (previously) server-stored panes states. A hard reload should have fixed it, but please report if something weird happens.

#3 2016-05-04 13:38:00

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

Re: An experience upgrading to TXP 4.6

etc wrote #298986:

A hard reload should have fixed it, but please report if something weird happens.

That is what I actually did. And nope since then no issues with the Prefs panel (or the write panel) to report. I haven’t really tested/checked your latest changes though.

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

Board footer